Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conservative VS Liberal

I was absolutely floored when I heard about that. This yahoo gets "socialized" help from the government and has the nerve to be against the healthcare plan? WOW. Just goes to show retards will vote against their interest every time.

Just on a side note. Since he hates socialized help lets relieve him of his SS. Walk right into his bank and freeze his bank account with socialized funds, stop the checks if they are coming in the mail of socialized funds. Then lets see how far he'd be willing to take this fight.

People protested against the civil rights bill, medicaid and SS also when they came out and look how those turned out to be staples of this nation. Some of these yahoo don't even know whats in the bill. They have wastes of space like Beck, Haniity and Limbaugh to guide them with misleading info. It is sad that we have such ignorance. Doublely sad since there is the Intenet and other sources of news to hear the truth.

They're not interested in the truth. Ground zero for them is their hatred of Pres. Obama and they take it from there, taking up phoney causes as if that makes them legitimate.

Their agenda is to get more republicans elected so as to move this country backward to the failed and disasterous policies of bush and their sainted reagan. Tax cuts for the rich, starve the beast (cut social safety nets) and war at any cost.

What you all don't get is that we are not against HC reform. We are against government control of HC and the decisions they will make for us. We are against the IRS being the HI police.

What you all don't get is that we are not against HC reform. We are against government control of HC and the decisions they will make for us. We are against the IRS being the HI police.

Yeah because we would much rather have corporations control HC and the decisions corporations will make for us will be much better for us. Because as a people we have so much more control over what corporations do...wait a Minute, I can't vote a corporation out of power like I can vote out government officals...hum

PG,

You should go back and read some of your post. Hating the government for its own sake is your mantra. Government is in charge of many things and very few thought the world as we know it would end before. Now we have been asking for healthcare for how long? Now that we got it under Obama, people lose their minds? Come on....

Now we are actually seeing how governmet effects people on a real level by passing healthcare and the the rethuglican in charge of the house calls it Armeggedon? Please

Cost will not trump access.

Who cares if the ignorant masses don't like it, they got it. Just like SS, just like medicaid. They can vote out who they want come november, rethuglican can't do jack, neither will these retard governors filing law suits. I think I am going to write tuesday down in my diary. 30 years from now, i will instruct my grandchildren that that was the second history making moment in my American life behind Obama's election. For me, all Obama has to do is 3 more things on my 10 point scale and he has my vote 2012.

2 Marks to his credit:

Dont' ask don't tell progress

Health care progress

Hopefully immigration

Edited by tdslf1

Don't be so quick to say that Americans won't vote for craziness. Those wackos (very wealthy wackos) managed to get John Kerry defeated by calling him everything but the war hero he was. If they are capable of pulling that off, I sure don't put anything past them.

You should look back at the elections over the past 40 years, including the primaries, and you will see what dastardly deeds the Republicans are capable of and willing to do to stay in power. Do not under estimate people who are willing to do anything for money and power, no matter how dishonest or illegal it might be.

And btw, Sarah Palin should be crowned the queen of the tea baggers! She is definitely the source of some of their slogans, bitterness and anger.

PG,

You should go back and read some of your post. Hating the government for its own sake is your mantra. Government is in charge of many things and very few thought the world as we know it would end before. Now we have been asking for healthcare for how long? Now that we got it under Obama, people lose their minds? Come on....

Now we are actually seeing how governmet effects people on a real level by passing healthcare and the the rethuglican in charge of the house calls it Armeggedon? Please

Cost will not trump access.

Some of patty's links and photos remind me of this quote by Lane.

"He [she] uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

More republican hypocrisy. Now keep in mind that bush made 170 recess appointments:

President Obama's decision to bypass the vacationing Senate and directly appoint 15 nominees has produced some expected cries of outrage from Republicans.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) pronounced himself "very disappointed" with the move, charging that it showed "once again" that the Obama administration has "little respect for the time honored constitutional roles and procedures of Congress." The president's team had "forced their will on the American people," McCain fumed in a written statement.

Were these the words of a principled opponent of presidential recess appointments, or of a politician in a tough primary jumping at an opportunity to bash President Obama?

Well, here's how McCain reacted in 2005 when President Bush was considering a recess appointment for John Bolton, the controversial nominee to be United Nations ambassador: "I would support it. It's the president's prerogative."

Indeed, just a few years earlier, McCain had succeeded in a one-man crusade to persuade President Bush to install a favored nominee using a recess appointment. Here's how UPI described it in 2002:

Arizona GOP Sen. John McCain prevailed in his fight with the White House to have Ellen Weintraub, a former Capitol Hill attorney, named to a Democratic seat on the Federal Election Commission as a recess appointment. McCain must now be overjoyed that her colleagues have elected her chairman of the commission for the coming year. In her new role, Weintraub, the wife of Wisconsin Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold's legislative director, will have a lot to say about how the regulations governing the McCain-Feingold campaign legislation will be written an implemented.

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell also joined in the protests of Obama's recess appointments on Saturday, calling them "stunning" and "yet another episode of choosing a partisan path despite bipartisan opposition."

But back in 2005, under President Bush, McConnell spoke what is probably far closer to the truth. When asked by a Fox News host if a recess appointment of Bolton would make the atmosphere in the Senate more poisonous, McConnell replied "no" and pointed out, "typically senators who are not of the party of the president don't like recess appointments."

GOP = Grand Old Phoneys. And honestly, mccain is the biggest sorest loser I have ever seen. Get over it, mccain, as Pres. Obama told you- the campaigning is over.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Yay Cleo's. Once again you bring relevant data to the discussion.

I wish some of the news media were as diligent about including relevant historical data when they're writing controversial stories to report. A few do, but a very few. Probably too much work and of course, not as shocking.

Say it isn't so!! :) Not from the party that someone on here said was the more moral party (sex scandals notwithstanding):

Records filed with the

Federal Election Commission show the RNC picked up the hefty tab at Voyeur West Hollywood, a high-end strip club that has hosted such notables as bad girl Lindsay Lohan and supermodel Heidi Klum.

In a review last October, the Los Angeles Times said the bar's "dark, leather-heavy interior is reminiscent of the masked orgy scene" in "Eyes Wide Shut," the 1999 Stanley Kubrick film starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.

The club features a heavy net suspended above the lounge area where topless performers - dressed in little more than masks and bikini-bottoms - writhe above the heads of clubgoers, the paper reported.

"Even more provocative scenes," the paper added, "are played out in an enclosed glass booth area adjacent to the club's dance floor area."

The kinky costs come at a time when Steele is already under fire from many within the GOP for his high-flying ways.

He recently took some heat for moving the RNC annual meeting from Washington, D.C. to Hawaii.

And one recent analysis by Politico.com found that compared with 2005, the last comparable year preceding a midterm election, RNC spending on private jets had doubled, limo trips had tripled, and meal expenses jumped from $306,000 to $599,000.

The RNC has still managed to out-raise the Democratic National Committee during most recent months, records show. But the DNC was more than happy to express a little mock outrage yesterday over the the RNC's latest expenditures.

"If limos, chartered aircraft and sex clubs are where they think their donors money should be spent - who are we to judge?" jabbed DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse. "But it shouldn't give voters much confidence in Republicans when they say they want to get back in charge of federal spending." :thumbup:

Yeah because we would much rather have corporations control HC and the decisions corporations will make for us will be much better for us. Because as a people we have so much more control over what corporations do...wait a Minute, I can't vote a corporation out of power like I can vote out government officals...hum

The government has a very bad track record for running things within their means. I am not FOR the HI industry either, but I would rather keep things they way they were than have the government involved in them, cause they are worse than any private company at running anything. They have been known to pay $68.00 for a screw for crying out loud.

The government has a very bad track record for running things within their means. I am not FOR the HI industry either, but I would rather keep things they way they were than have the government involved in them, cause they are worse than any private company at running anything. They have been known to pay $68.00 for a screw for crying out loud.

There has been some poor oversight by the government, especially when it comes to contracts. But when someone in the government pays $68 for a screw, who was it that charged them that much??? THE PRIVATE CORPORATION. That's who and they take advantage of government contracts all the time.

I'm all for hiring more government workers to oversee these contracts and where violations are found - these contractors should be black balled for 5 years.

Now, as for keeping things as they are: well, that would involve denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, dropping someone when they get sick, having the donut hole for medicare medications, kids coming out of college unable to find a job with healthcare, and the list goes on. But I guess you support that status quo.

another great editorial I read today.

Expects ACORN will reorganize under a new name

This is in response to the March 23 article "ACORN decides to disband." ACORN's illegal and immoral conduct captured on film was its undoing. This sounds like good news for patriotic Americans, but if you believe those people will just go away, you also believe in the tooth fairy.

No, they will reorganize with a new name but will pursue the same old agenda. And since one of the former leaders of the group lives in the White House, I plan on forwarding my recommendation there for the new name.

I propose it be called PEANUT: Progressive Enablers Against National Unity and Truth.

I'm sure they will appreciate other suggestions.

Tim Rosa

Northfield

There has been some poor oversight by the government, especially when it comes to contracts. But when someone in the government pays $68 for a screw, who was it that charged them that much??? THE PRIVATE CORPORATION. That's who and they take advantage of government contracts all the time.

I'm all for hiring more government workers to oversee these contracts and where violations are found - these contractors should be black balled for 5 years.

Now, as for keeping things as they are: well, that would involve denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, dropping someone when they get sick, having the donut hole for medicare medications, kids coming out of college unable to find a job with healthcare, and the list goes on. But I guess you support that status quo.

It's your own fault if you dish out the $68 for a screw. I would go to Walmart to buy my screws. If the government is paying that much money for a screw, they are screwed up. Don't blame the person who will sell it for that price if there's a moron out there who will pay it! The extent you will go to defend your government astounds me!