Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conservative VS Liberal

Those people, the birthers, death panelists, 9/11 deniers, cranks and conspiracy nuts ARE the Tea Party movement. How can they and why would they disassociate themselves from the ideas that drive them?

Are the 9/11 deniers people who are denying that it happened under Bush? I'm not sure what they claim.

And he should have included the Reagan anti-government, no government is good, nut heads. Wonder why he didn't? Because now that the government doesn't pay him, he can endorse that claim.

Edited by BJean

Are the 9/11 deniers people who are denying that it happened under Bush? I'm not sure what they claim.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

9/11 Truth movement is made of people who question the mainstream account of the September 11, 2001 attacks. Some state there is evidence that individuals within the US government may have been either responsible for or knowingly complicit in the September 11 attacks.

Those people, the birthers, death panelists, 9/11 deniers, cranks and conspiracy nuts ARE the Tea Party movement. How can they and why would they disassociate themselves from the ideas that drive them?

And he should have included the Reagan anti-government, no government is good, nut heads. Wonder why he didn't? Because now that the government doesn't pay him, he can endorse that claim.

And as I've said repeatedly, ground zero for these people and their common denominator to a person is their hatred of Pres. Obama.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

9/11 Truth movement is made of people who question the mainstream account of theSeptember 11, 2001 attacks. Some state there is evidence that individuals within the US government may have been either responsible for or knowingly complicit in the September 11 attacks.

That makes sense, right? Because the government has so much to gain from it. Brilliant. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you, eh?

And I'm willing to guess that Timothy McVeigh was a plant and was doing the government's bidding. And Waco was a government planned attack that had nothing to do with the arsenal that was stockpiled there. And pigeons are robots.:)

052110_Tea_Party.gif

Friday, May 21, 2010

Actually, their approach is to just ignore problems, disguised as "smaller government". LOL That's why Pres. Obama has such a big mess to clean up from the bush administration.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

The War Is Making You Poor Act

by Alan Grayson share-icon-16x16.png

Fri May 21, 2010 at 12:40:43 PM PDT

Next week, there is going to be a "debate" in Congress on yet another war funding bill. The bill is supposed to pass without debate, so no one will notice.

What George Orwell wrote about in "1984" has come true. What Eisenhower warned us about concerning the "military-industrial complex" has come true. War is a permanent feature of our societal landscape, so much so that no one notices it anymore.

But we’re going to change this. Today, we’re introducing a bill called ‘The War Is Making You Poor Act’. The purpose of this bill is to connect the dots, and to show people in a real and concrete way the cost of these endless wars.

• Next year’s budget allocates $159,000,000,000 to perpetuate the occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq. That’s enough money to eliminate federal income taxes for the first $35,000 of every American’s income. Beyond that, leaves over $15 billion to cut the deficit.

And that’s what this bill does. It eliminates separate funding for the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, and eliminates federal income taxes for everyone’s first $35,000 of income ($70,000 for couples). Plus it pays down the national debt.

The costs of the war have been rendered invisible. There's no draft. Instead, we take the most vulnerable elements of our population, and give them a choice between unemployment and missile fodder. Government deficits conceal the need to pay in cash for the war.

We put the cost of both guns and butter on our Chinese credit card. In fact, we don't even put these wars on budget; they are still passed using 'emergency supplemental'. A nine-year ‘emergency’.

Let's show Congress the cost of these wars is too much for us.

Tell Congress that you like 'The War Is Making You Poor Act'. No, tell Congress you love it. Act now.

http://www.TheWarIsMakingYouPoor.com

All we are saying is "give peace a chance." We will end these wars.

dailykos

To those, including all the teabaggers, who keep blaming Pres. Obama for increasing the deficit - we still have to pay for bush's 2 wars, among other things. They don't stop getting funded just because we elected Pres. Obama.

Let's see if the teabaggers support this bill. Yeah, right. :thumbup:

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Patty, you say my fears are invalid? I'll follow up on my post with some examples:

One of the ironies related to the quote above is that is it conservatives who are trying to take away our freedom. They want to regulate our consentual adult sex lives [not giving equal rights to gays and lesbians and dishonorably discharging patriotic servicemen and women], women's bodies [trying to make it illegal for a woman to choose to terminate a pregnancy], and scientific progress that could lead to saving lives [trying to make stem cell research illegal.]

First of all, conservatives don't want to take away anyones right to have sex with whoever they choose. Go ahead have a ball, just don't expect the definition of marriage to be changed from a woman and a man saying their vows before God and entering into a covanent with him. If they want to have a similar relationship with 2 men or 2 women together, go ahead, but don't call it "marriage", cause that already has been defined. Call it "foo foo" or call it "civil unions" for all I care, but that's not "marriage"! As for the abortion issue, You will never be able to tell a true conservative that having an abortion is not murdering a baby, so that is a battle that will never get solved. And as for stem cell research, that can be accomplished using adult cells just as easily as cells from fetuses.

This is what I fear: that a conservative majority would change laws that result in us losing our basic freedoms because of the bible. Separation of church and state has already been discussed so I won't go there -- but you get my point. [everything in the paragraph above is because of the bible]

It is actually the other way around. Liberals have been changing and trying to change the laws that were set up at the beginning of this nation. At one time, Americans were free to have their bibles in school. It used to be taught from. At one time, Americans were allowed to pray in school. Everyone talked to God together. It was great. At one time, divorce was considered wrong. Mnay of the things that were unacceptable before are acceptable now.

This is what I fear: that conservatives are going to remove books and curriculums that offer other points of view besides the white Christian supremacy and that our children will grow up ignorant and be unable to survive in a modern complex society and economy. [books have been removed from Texas schools, hispanic studies are being removed from Arizona schools, creationism is being taught instead of science in some schools]

Better to tech creationism, than evolution which is just a theory.

Patty, you say my fears are invalid? I'll follow up on my post with some examples:

One of the ironies related to the quote above is that is it conservatives who are trying to take away our freedom. They want to regulate our consentual adult sex lives [not giving equal rights to gays and lesbians and dishonorably discharging patriotic servicemen and women], women's bodies [trying to make it illegal for a woman to choose to terminate a pregnancy], and scientific progress that could lead to saving lives [trying to make stem cell research illegal.]

First of all, conservatives don't want to take away anyones right to have sex with whoever they choose. Go ahead have a ball, just don't expect the definition of marriage to be changed from a woman and a man saying their vows before God and entering into a covanent with him. If they want to have a similar relationship with 2 men or 2 women together, go ahead, but don't call it "marriage", cause that already has been defined. Call it "foo foo" or call it "civil unions" for all I care, but that's not "marriage"! As for the abortion issue, You will never be able to tell a true conservative that having an abortion is not murdering a baby, so that is a battle that will never get solved. And as for stem cell research, that can be accomplished using adult cells just as easily as cells from fetuses.

Marriage is something recognized by the state and churches and religion need not be involved. What it's called is not as important as the state recognizing the right of 2 men or 2 women to enter into a union that has the same rights by the states as a man and a woman.

This is what I fear: that a conservative majority would change laws that result in us losing our basic freedoms because of the bible. Separation of church and state has already been discussed so I won't go there -- but you get my point. [everything in the paragraph above is because of the bible]

It is actually the other way around. Liberals have been changing and trying to change the laws that were set up at the beginning of this nation. At one time, Americans were free to have their bibles in school. It used to be taught from. At one time, Americans were allowed to pray in school. Everyone talked to God together. It was great. At one time, divorce was considered wrong. Mnay of the things that were unacceptable before are acceptable now.

If we allow the bible in public schools then we would have to allow books from other religions since our children come from many religious backgrounds. Our founding fathers were christians and atheists and never intended for a public school to teach from the bible. Show me where it says that in the constitution. Once again, why is your faith and the faith of other conservative christians so dependant on having it taught in public schools? Is it not enough that you can do it freely at home, in your places of worship, in religious schools and other private places?

This is what I fear: that conservatives are going to remove books and curriculums that offer other points of view besides the white Christian supremacy and that our children will grow up ignorant and be unable to survive in a modern complex society and economy. [books have been removed from Texas schools, hispanic studies are being removed from Arizona schools, creationism is being taught instead of science in some schools]

Better to tech creationism, than evolution which is just a theory.

Creationism is a story, while evolution has facts to back up this "theory". We have the science of fossils, rocks, etc.. to show how things were and how they evolved. And the story of creationism was completely shut down in court in the Dover, PA case where the school board was hijacked by right wing christians who wanted to teach it. It went to court and they lost. Their "experts" were destroyed on the witness stand. Thankfully!

Republicans Block Democrats’ Efforts To Hold BP Accountable — GOP Leaving Taxpayers On The Hook For Bailing Out BP May 18, 2010

p-ab3gTb8xb3dLg.gif

Today, Democrats took to the floor to explain the urgent need to pass this legislation to hold BP accountable and protect the American taxpayer, but Republicans blocked us for a second time in less than a week. Excerpts of Democrats’ remarks today are below.

By blocking Democrats’ 2nd attempt to pass the Big Oil Bailout Prevention Act – which would ensure BP pays for the full cost of its disastrous negligence by raising the outdated liability cap from $75 million to $10 billion – Republicans are leaving American taxpayers on the hook for bailing out BP.

point counterpoint

We saw the republicans stand with the insurance industry and not the people, we saw them stand with Wall Street and not Main Street and now we see them standing with big oil (BP) and against the taxpayers. And yet there are those who want more of them elected. :thumbup:

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Did anyone hear that when Obama came into office and had that big meeting with Rethuglicans to reach out to them, Boner tan specimen passed around a memo before Obama got to the meeting place and informed all the Rethugs to reject anything he wanted to do and not to talk to him?

Apparently from day one, they were going to say no to anthing. I was real sad to hear that the other day. I say throw all the bums out, incumbents be damn. Then put others in who want to move this country forward. On a better note, Dems will keep the House and the Senate, so hopefully we gain more seats to get more things done.

Did anyone hear that when Obama came into office and had that big meeting with Rethuglicans to reach out to them, Boner tan specimen passed around a memo before Obama got to the meeting place and informed all the Rethugs to reject anything he wanted to do and not to talk to him?

Apparently from day one, they were going to say no to anthing. I was real sad to hear that the other day. I say throw all the bums out, incumbents be damn. Then put others in who want to move this country forward. On a better note, Dems will keep the House and the Senate, so hopefully we gain more seats to get more things done.

I did hear something like this, but I can't remember if it was McConnell or Boehner (Mr. Coppertone) but I didn't know it was a memo passed out before a meeting. I think I heard that it was just discussed after Pres. Obama got elected.

It just supports everything they've done since then. Just be against everything if Pres. Obama is for it. They would be against things after they were for them if Pres. Obama then supported it. So sad that these republicans are who some want more of elected. Very scary for our country.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

You don't need a memo for proof. Their actions are proof enough.

What they're doing is immoral and counter to the entire demoratic process.

If they disagree with any policies or proposed legislation it is within their powers to argue against them and to come up with legislation they like and present it in the proper way and time and venue.

The president and many democrats have shown themselves to be willing to work with republicans to get the work of the people done. So if any kind of reasonable compromises or substantive legislation were to be put forth by these obstructionists, it might prove beneficial to the process of making the repairs and changes that we need.

But that is not their plan. Their plan is to stop anything that might improve our country and resolve the terrible problems that we face for the simple reason that they are afraid that the democrats would take credit for those improvements made and thereby ensure that even more democrats might be elected.

They're a dishonest, slimy bunch and their constiuents should clean house on election day.

Republicans are sore losers. Everytime they lose the presidential election they pull these stunts. They don't give a rat's behind about their constituents, just their own wallets. Obama will never be able to do anything right in their eyes. Instead of doing anything productive for the country they just march out their usual cast of idiots to complain. :tongue2:

From Daily Kos website

Stormfront.org, which was founded to support David Duke for senate by another KKK Grand Dragon, Don Black, has been promoting and contributing to Rand Paul's moneybombs. Palling around with WhiteSupremacists much?

387577927.jpg

That's a tweet from Don Black, head of the white supremacist group Stormfront. Wow.

~snip~

So, Trey Grayson should reject donations from Republicans who voted for the bailout........but it's okay for Rand Paul to accept donations from Stormfront?

I will state this loudly and clearly. Over and over at the top of my Jewish lungs.

Rand Paul MUST return Neo-Nazi funds NOW and DENOUNCE Stormfront.org

But he can't.

Democrats MUST turn 2010 into a referendum on Rand Paul.

So, let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

At a teabagger forum in March, Rand Paul was asked about claims that Nazis were supporting his candidacy.

Rather than explain that, no, Nazis are racist skinheads, what’s he do? He says it’s a ridiculous assertion because Nazism was "big government." He went on to say, "there’s nothing about Nazism that would even appeal remotely to people who like what I stand for because I’m for limited constitutional government."

Except Nazis ARE supporting, promoting and funding your Senate campaign, Rand! Would you like to comment?

Yeah, just brilliant, Rand! Nazis support the extermination of the Jewish race, the most insidious sort of racism possible and everything that America has fought tooth and nail against since FDR's day, but that isn't as important to Rand Paul as the fact that Nazis, in his worldview, represent "Big Government"! I am sure my Polish Jewish ancestors in the 30's were more afraid of Big Government than they were of the gas chambers!

Anyone picking up a pattern here?

Strike #1. Rand Paul's campaign spokesperson
for posting "
Happy Nigger day
" with Lynching pics at Facebook along with posts describing how he liked to go to the local mall in KKK garb.

Strike #2. On The Rachel Maddow's Show and NPR Rand Paul, repeatedly, objects to Title II of the Civil Rights Act, stating that Businesses should be able to discriminate based on race. Upon learning of the controversy he had stirred by airing his pro discrimination views, he backtracks and goes into hiding/damage control.

And now Strike #3.
Rand Paul has received funds and promotion from white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's and KKK leadership via Stormfront.org

This is sad that ANY character can come out of the wood work that says "stop the spending" and the tea party will vote for them regardless of what they stand for.

Edited by tdslf1

Patty, you've often said Christians aren't against homosexuality just gay marriage. In fact, many Christian conservatives and religious leaders are indeed anti-gay, not just against gay marriage. The Christian right has harshly spoken out against homosexuality over the years and has influenced the Republic party to adopt a "family values platform." These are just a few examples but there are so many more. (Some have actually engaged in homosexual acts themselves.)

• Pope Benedict XVI declared that saving the world from homosexual behaviour is as important as saving the rainforests and condemned gay acts as against God's will.
  • Jerry Falwell, founder of the Moral Majority. condemned homosexuality as forbidden by the Bible. Falwell supported Anita Bryant's 1977 "Save Our Children" campaign to overturn a Florida ordinance prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and a similar movement in California. In urging the repeal of the ordinance, Falwell told one crowd, "Gay folks would just as soon kill you as look at you." When the mostly LGBT Metropolitan Community Church was almost accepted into the World Council of Churches, Falwell called them "brute beasts" and stated, "this vile and satanic system will one day be utterly annihilated and there'll be a celebration in heaven." Falwell also said "AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals, it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals." Amongst many remarks over the years he is probably most known for statements attributed to him about a Teletubby being a homosexual role model for homosexual recruitment and stating that LGBT organizations angered God, thereby in part causing God to let the September 11 attacks happen.
  • Fred Waldron Phelps, Sr pastor and founder of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka which is notorious for its anti-gay protests and the “god hates fags” statement, claims that most natural disasters and terrorist attacks are God's punishment for a society that tolerates homosexuality.
  • Pat Robertson of the Christian Coalition said “When lawlessness is abroad in the land, the same thing will happen here that happened in Nazi Germany. Many of those people involved in Adolph Hitler were Satanists. Many of them were homosexuals. The two things seem to go together.” “Homosexuals want to come into churches and disrupt church services and throw blood all around and try to give people AIDS and spit in the face of ministers.”
  • Dr. George Rekers, outspoken Christian anti-gay leader, was caught with a hooker from Rentboy.com
  • Ted Haggard, mega church pastor and former head of the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) was brought down in a scandal involving a gay prostitute and crystal meth. He previously stated "we don't have to debate about what we should think about homosexual activity. It’s written in the Bible." The NAE has stated that "homosexual activity, like adulterous relationships, is clearly condemned in the Scriptures."
  • Anti-gay former Senator Larry Craig was famously arrested for “lewd conduct” in an airport restroom.

Study: Youth see Christians as judgmental, anti-gay – USA Today excerpt

Majorities of young people in America describe modern-day Christianity as judgmental, hypocritical and anti-gay. A new book based on research by research firm The Barna Group found that church attitudes about people in general and gays in particular are driving a negative image of the Christian faith among people ages 16-29.

Among active churchgoers 80% agreed with the anti-gay label, 52% said Christianity is judgmental, and 47% declared it hypocritical. Kinnaman said that respondents felt that modern-day Christianity was no longer like Jesus. "It become clear to us that what people are experiencing related to Christianity is very things that Jesus warned religious people about.” Which is, avoiding removing the log from your own eye before trying to take the speck out of someone else's."

"When Jesus pursued people, he was much more critical of pride and much more critical of spiritual arrogance than he was of people who were sinful. And today's Christians, if you spend enough time looking at their attitudes and actions, really are not like Jesus when it comes to that."

Mega church pastor and best-selling author Rick Warren of SaddlebackChurch in Lake Forest, CA, "For some time now, the hands and feet of the body of Christ have been amputated, and we've been pretty much reduced to a big mouth," Warren wrote. "We talk more than we do. It's time to reattach the limbs and let the church be the church in the 21st century."