Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conservative VS Liberal

They have even condemned some that didn't happen, like false accounts of racial slurs shouted at members of Congressional Black Caucus.

(excerps from Mona Charen, who is a syndicated columnist.)

Abusive, derogatory and even racist behavior directed at House Democrats by Tea Party protesters on Saturday left several lawmakers in shock.

Preceding the president's speech to a gathering of House Democrats, thousands of protesters descended around the Capitol to protest the passage of health care reform. The gathering quickly turned into abusive heckling, as members of Congress passing through Longworth House office building were subjected to epithets and even mild physical abuse.

A staffer for Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told reporters that Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) had been spat on by a protestor. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), a hero of the civil rights movement, was called a 'ni--er.' And Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) was called a "faggot," as protestors shouted at him with deliberately lisp-y screams. Frank, approached in the halls after the president's speech, shrugged off the incident.

But Clyburn was downright incredulous, saying he had not witnessed such treatment since he was leading civil rights protests in South Carolina in the 1960s.

"It was absolutely shocking to me," Clyburn said, in response to a question from the Huffington Post. "Last Monday, this past Monday, I stayed home to meet on the campus of Claflin University where fifty years ago as of last Monday... I led the first demonstrations in South Carolina, the sit ins... And quite frankly I heard some things today I have not heard since that day. I heard people saying things that I have not heard since March 15, 1960 when I was marching to try and get off the back of the bus."

I will believe Rep. Clyburn over Mona Charen's account, that's for sure.

patty if I have to read one more rant of yours about how you don't want to help anybody else because they can just help themselves I will seriously vomit. Not that you'd care, of course. You'd delight in my discomfort, of that I am certain.

You sound like the most selfish, shallow, single-minded and misguided person I've ever had the occasion to come in contact with.

You're a pathetic excuse for an American.

And anybody wants a piece of me for saying this, come on! Bring it on! I haven't been able to take my meds because I've had 2/3 of my stomach removed and I'm mad as hell and I'm gonna say so!

This was not a 'severe' depression. Go back to the twenties and you'll see what 'severe' was. This is a recession.

It's only a recession and not a depression because of Pres. Obama's sound economic policies and the stimulus. I am so thankful he is our president during these difficult times. He's not afraid to tackle the tough problems.

patty if I have to read one more rant of yours about how you don't want to help anybody else because they can just help themselves I will seriously vomit. Not that you'd care, of course. You'd delight in my discomfort, of that I am certain.

You sound like the most selfish, shallow, single-minded and misguided person I've ever had the occasion to come in contact with.

You're a pathetic excuse for an American.

And anybody wants a piece of me for saying this, come on! Bring it on! I haven't been able to take my meds because I've had 2/3 of my stomach removed and I'm mad as hell and I'm gonna say so!

Give 'em hell, BJean. I'm with you. We both know we're the true patriots. We are the government and we want to support it so that it works for us. We don't want our president to fail, like the tea party, republicans and right wing nuts do. We want him to succeed so that the country does and he's doing a great job. Just going along, getting his agenda passed and moving on to the next problem and that's what's really making them pi$$ed-off - that he just gets things done and keeps on going. :thumbup:

Give 'em hell, BJean. I'm with you. We both know we're the true patriots. We are the government and we want to support it so that it works for us. We don't want our president to fail, like the tea party, republicans and right wing nuts do. We want him to succeed so that the country does and he's doing a great job. Just going along, getting his agenda passed and moving on to the next problem and that's what's really making them pi$$ed-off - that he just gets things done and keeps on going. :thumbup:

No. What pisses us off is that he IGNORES what the people want. Oh yeah, he just keeps moving right along, all right. Right along in the wrong direction!

You post sooooooooooooooooooo much crap about the tea parties being violent people, yet choose to ignore that your own party had its day a while back. AND they were FAR worse at being violent. I have already posted my proof to that as well, so I won't repeat it, even though you felt led to do so. You seem to get off on finding the few and miniscule infractions out of a group that opposes the governments ways, yet you ignored it when your group, the whole lot of them, went off. How hypocritical. Oh well, it's just the way you are. But you should try to see the plain truth, which is that people, no matter what party they affiliate with, are mere humans that are sinful and have faults. You are, too. We all are. Shame on you for being so hateful. It's one thing to hate what people do, it's quite another to hate them simply because they don't agree with your stand on things.

And Bjean, maybe you should take your meds, cause you have problems.

This was not a 'severe' depression. Go back to the twenties and you'll see what 'severe' was. This is a recession.

It's only a recession and not a depression because of Pres. Obama's sound economic policies and the stimulus. I am so thankful he is our president during these difficult times. He's not afraid to tackle the tough problems.

Is that all you could pull out of that post? Really. Just ignore all the proof in that post about violence that YOUR party participated in that far outweighs anything the tea partiers ever did. Soooo typical. Just keep ranting about how bad the tea pariters are.:thumbup: It will make you feel better.:thumbup: Hypocrit! Your motto: Do as I say, not as I do.

How could you condemn a group of people for voicing their opinions on government by protesting, yet not condemn your own party for far worser things they have done at protests?

There will always be a small fraction of any group that assembles who will act out inappropriately. To label the entire group for the actions of the very few is VERY childish and immature. Even I will be mature enough to admit that the dems who acted out in all those protests in the past did not represent the entire group of democrats. They were a select minority of your group who were stupid. Can't you do the same? When I finally hear from you that you are wrong in labeling the 'whole' tea party group as violent and racist, then, and only then, will I see you in a different light.

But, I don't believe you are mature enough to admit that BOTH parties are equally at fault for some of their members actions. I believe I will continue to hear all about how 'horrible' the tea partiers are, dispite the proven facts of your own partys 'horribleness'.

No. What pisses us off is that he IGNORES what the people want. Oh yeah, he just keeps moving right along, all right. Right along in the wrong direction!

You post sooooooooooooooooooo much crap about the tea parties being violent people, yet choose to ignore that your own party had its day a while back. AND they were FAR worse at being violent. I have already posted my proof to that as well, so I won't repeat it, even though you felt led to do so. You seem to get off on finding the few and miniscule infractions out of a group that opposes the governments ways, yet you ignored it when your group, the whole lot of them, went off. How hypocritical. Oh well, it's just the way you are. But you should try to see the plain truth, which is that people, no matter what party they affiliate with, are mere humans that are sinful and have faults. You are, too. We all are. Shame on you for being so hateful. It's one thing to hate what people do, it's quite another to hate them simply because they don't agree with your stand on things.

And Bjean, maybe you should take your meds, cause you have problems.

How dare you say shame on ME for being hateful. It's you with your cold hearted, elitist, "let them eat cake, they made their bed let them lie in it" attitude toward the least among us that makes you the hateful person. :thumbup:

I have repeatedly stated what my opinion is about the tea party. That ground zero for them is their hatred of Pres. Obama, their hatred of a black man in the white house, their desire to see him fail so that they can succeed with their mean-spirited, right wing, ultra conservative, pro-corporate, pro-rich agenda. All the other stuff they claim to be against is just a smoke screen. And I have posted published opinions of columnists and others who agree with me. So, you can call this hatred if it makes you feel better, but you and others are the ones being duped by the nut-teas, not me. They will never fool me.

And as for posting about the violence of the tea party - it's the truth - so don't kill the messenger. It happened.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Is that all you could pull out of that post? Really. Just ignore all the proof in that post about violence that YOUR party participated in that far outweighs anything the tea partiers ever did. Soooo typical. Just keep ranting about how bad the tea pariters are.:thumbup: It will make you feel better.:thumbup: Hypocrit! Your motto: Do as I say, not as I do.

How could you condemn a group of people for voicing their opinions on government by protesting, yet not condemn your own party for far worser things they have done at protests?

There will always be a small fraction of any group that assembles who will act out inappropriately. To label the entire group for the actions of the very few is VERY childish and immature. Even I will be mature enough to admit that the dems who acted out in all those protests in the past did not represent the entire group of democrats. They were a select minority of your group who were stupid. Can't you do the same? When I finally hear from you that you are wrong in labeling the 'whole' tea party group as violent and racist, then, and only then, will I see you in a different light.

But, I don't believe you are mature enough to admit that BOTH parties are equally at fault for some of their members actions. I believe I will continue to hear all about how 'horrible' the tea partiers are, dispite the proven facts of your own partys 'horribleness'.

First of all, you are confusing an established political party (democrats) with protesters. Those who protested against conservative agendas and the war do not represent the democratic party, although they may support their agenda. Find a post of mine where I denied that so-called liberal protesters were never violent. I have not posted that. You only claim that I have.

YOU however have denied the violence of the tea party. When I posted about it you came right out and said it didn't happen - including the incendiary device at the congressman's brother's home. That's right up there with your denial of insurance companies dropping people when they get sick - saying they didn't do that. So, you see, it is YOU who gets her facts wrong, not me.

Here is what you posted: from pattygreen (with reference to my posts about violence from the teaparty and right wing):"This 'violence' you speak of is in your head as well as every other liberal out there who would just 'love' to see it be true. Since it isn't true, they feel the need to make it up."

Not true? Just in our heads? So, you see, your have zero credibility. :smile:

And no, my motto isn't "do as I say, not as I do". I have two mottos which I have posted several times but apparently you need a reminder:

1) Without hypocrisy the republicans would have nothing (I had a whole thread dedicated to this that you got shut down)

2) Regulate, baby, regulate. :thumbup:

And also worth noting: The fact that you felt the need to vehemently attack me personally while I didn't attack you in my posts. This shows me that you have nothing - so you have to go after the messenger. Very pathetic and telling. :glare:

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Planted? You actually think the left went out and made up those videos on you tube? There are hundreds of videos about the teabaggers going bizerck on camera. Take a good look at any 5 videos from the poster NewLeftMedia and see what is being said. Dude on camera asks them the simple question and either they can't answer it, go off on a rant, or they are calling our president an extremist, which is straight wacky. Case in point, the retard Brown from the Katrina bungle. He got on the real comedy central, Fake Noise and said Obama wanted the leak in the ocean, that he planned it. Smart folks need to run away from loons like that, but Faux Newz audeince won't since they have been hoodwinked by the right propaganda machine. Point is, nobody is forcing the tea baggers to say the crap they are on camera. I am not call ing all teabaggers morons but the ones on camera talking are category 5's. And the left is not making this crap up. Fake Noise seems to cast a beam of idiocy over people with low research skills and fairy tale mentalities. Oh.. then I guess I am calling them morons. Those that take Fake Noise as a legitimate news source that is.

I am no fan of the right wing or Tea Bag movement. However, it dawns on me from reading recent posts that we should all try to maintain the civility that we criticize each other for not having. Some of the posts here remind me of Congress. If we can't have a civil and cooperative dialog nothing good will ever come about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion in this great country of ours. It's OK to disagree with each other, but let's follow Obama's example of civility.

lmao how many of those were planted BS by the left !

The same number that the right planted BS for your videos. :bored:

Edited by Cleo's Mom