Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conservative VS Liberal

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

by Robert A. Hall

?ui=2&ik=a5679d2f6e&view=att&th=1280d4fd70d25b25&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood Entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela .

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of U.S. Senators from Illinois.

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military.... Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims, who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the "Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

by Robert A. Hall

I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood Entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela .

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of U.S. Senators from Illinois.

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military.... Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims, who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the "Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

by Robert A. Hall

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

by Robert A. Hall

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

by Robert A. Hall

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

by Robert A. Hall

Not one single constructive idea on how to fix anything that he is "tired" of, just a list of complaints.

Just the same old "bash the poor, I got mine, I deserve mine" BS that the right yaps about all the time. Yawn. :laugh:

It's easy to pick on the poor and make them the target of all of your hate because they don't have a voice (i.e. big corporate lobbyists).

It unites a certain segment ( i.e.-the 4 R's of republicanism: rich, racist, red-neck and religious right) to have a common "enemy" to blame everything on. In Nazi Germany, it was the Jews. The nazis told people that all the problems were caused by the Jews. That then made it easy for people to look the other way when they were rounded up for "work" camps.

Then it was the blacks and then women and now the mexicans and poor in this country. And if you look at the people behind the nut-tea party it is mostly white, middle aged republican men. White men used to control everything in this country and make all the rules. Then they were told that they had to share and they don't like it. They enjoyed being at the front of the line and want everyone else to get to the back. No one who controls all the power ever willingly shares it and we're seeing that now with all the anti-Obama movement.

The government has been "spreading the wealth" since they started collecting taxes. That's what they do. Collect taxes from everyone and then dole it out to different areas. About 2/3 of our spending goes for Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and the Military. Now, I want to see any elected representative talk about cutting these programs. Come on - step right up to the plate or SHUT UP AND QUIT YOUR YAPPING. Now, I might want to make cuts in the bloated military budget, but that isn't going to happen. I don't like that my tax dollars goes to unnecessary wars, like the one in Iraq, but they do.

But hey, let's keep targeting the poor, that single mom making minimum wage, the senior citizen on a fixed income, the disable person who collects SSI - Yeah, these are the people that are the problem :thumbup:, while all those fat cats on wall street are laughing at all the nut-teas, knowing they (and their bonuses) are safe.

Let's see which side of the financial reform bill the nut-teas come out on. Should be interesting. And telling.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

From tea party supporter Jodine White of Rocklin, California, trying to explain how she reconciles her desire for smaller government with her support for Social Security:

That’s a conundrum, isn’t it? I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security. I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind. :laugh:

Wants to have her cake and eat it too. So typical of the hypocrisy of this movement. :thumbup:

An oldie but goodie:

On August 18, at Simpson University in Redding, CA., Rep. Berger put on quite a performance that has been captured on Youtube. First, he warmed up the supportive crowd by declaring, “Our democracy has never been threatened as much as it is today,” Herger said to a loud standing ovation.

Herger then took aim at global warming and the cap-and-trade bill saying, “Healthcare2_bing.gif is not the only threat to our democracy.” He received more cheers when he declared that a public health care option was “unacceptable.”

An audience member, named Bert Stead stood up extolling his Mayflower ancestry, and then said, “I am a proud right-wing terrorist.” Stead then made reference to the birther conspiracy theory and admitted to attending tea party protests. The self-described terrorist then sat down to cheers from the audience.

After a few moments, Rep. Herger said, “Amen, God bless you. There is a great American,” to more cheers. It’s doubtful that Bert Stead is dangerous, but that’s not really the point. A member of the U.S. Congress2_bing.gif condoned right-wing domestic terrorism, as an acceptable way to deal with opposition to government policies.

Not only do those on the right advocate for terrorism, it is cheered. And these are the people we want to elect more of? :thumbup:

Goldman Sachs faces SEC fraud case

Saturday, April 17, 2010

By Greg Gordon, McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON -- Goldman Sachs, whose tactics exiting the collapsing subprime mortgage market have been under government scrutiny for months, now faces federal fraud charges that it duped investors into losing $1 billion on a rigged offshore deal pegged to dicey home loans.

The suit, brought Friday by the Securities and Exchange Commission, accuses Goldman and one of its vice presidents, Fabrice Tourre, 31, of letting a Wall Street hedge fund secretly select many of the securities in the deal.

The hedge fund, Paulson & Co., then bet that those subprime mortgage securities would fail. When they did, Paulson made a $1 billion profit, and investors lost more than $1 billion, nearly all of their money, the complaint charges.

No poor person ever did this to me. But this fraudulent behavior caused my retirement fund to tank. :thumbup:

From tea party supporter Jodine White of Rocklin, California, trying to explain how she reconciles her desire for smaller government with her support for Social Security:

That’s a conundrum, isn’t it? I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security. I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind. :w00t:

Wants to have her cake and eat it too. So typical of the hypocrisy of this movement. :thumbup:

Leave it to a liberal!:laugh: It's not always ALL or NOTHING! This party wants smaller government, not NO government. The government in this country has been slowly, little by little, adding more and more programs and federal employees and Pork projects, etc. to its list of growing BILLS. It is THAT which we are upset about. What? You can't understand that or see that?

Okay, the programs and expenses that are out there are most likely never going to be reversed or removed from the budget, like S.S. and medicare, etc., cause what does the government start funding that ever stops being funded? What we want is for it to STOP! When Obama became president, the people were very interested in politics because of the excitement of a black presidential candidate. This started the people looking at what is happening in Washington, which in turn enraged them because they saw what Obama is doing to the economy. They started to see how the spending is out of control, how the money is being spent foolishly on pork, etc. They started to see how the government wants those who worked hard and sacrificed something in life to get ahead to 'share' their plunder with those who don't have as much. This is quite noble and I believe people with much should give much, but it is NOT the governments place to make it so. Blame Bush if you like, but its been over a year now, Obama owns it now. He is spending us into oblivion.

It is not that this party doesn't want some government help for people. Some is the key word here. It is too much now. Where will it end? You must put a limit on it, or they will take it all. THAT is what the tea party is about.

Here's another perspective of what the Tea Party is about - one that I agree with for the most part:

It's Not Just Because He's Black

Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 03:02:14 PM PDT

I was watching The Ed Show a couple of days ago, and he said something about the Tea Baggers that I think really rings true.

The polls show that this is nothing but an offshoot of the Republican Party.
These are the disgruntled people
. They're not Democrats. They're not disgruntled Progressives. They're not Liberals.
These are the people that lost the last election that just can't stand the fact that Barack Obama has been successful to getting the stimulus package to work,
when it comes
to create jobs, to get healthcare, to get rid of the pre-existing condition, to jumpstart the economy.
This crowd is disappoint we're not loosing 800,000 jobs a month anymore. This crowd is disappointed that this President has now got a dialogue with countries around the world that 'ya know, yeah, maybe we better reduce our nuclear stockpile'.* *
* The President of the United States has led Progressives to change. We're not even 18 months into this new effort to change America and bring some corporate accountability to America, and who's out there screamin'?
Old White Folks that are upset that they're gonna get taxed and that they're gonna lose their wealth. That's what this is all about. . .

Sure, I think a lot of the Tea Bag movement centers around racism. I've seen quite a few people say "well these people are just now getting active because they are against government spending" or something along those lines. Well, they didn't seem to be to worried about it when Bush was spending out of control. But suddenly we get Obama in office and we have crap like "tea partiers" running around screaming "we want our country back." What's that supposed to mean? But I digress.

I think the fact that he's Black and a Democrat certainly isn't helping matters, but I think what's really pissing them off is the fact that he's SUCCEEDING. What he wants, he tends to get. He wants a stimulus package? It's passed. Healthcare? I'm sure they thought they killed that, but we got a bill. Of course the relative merits of these two pieces of legislation are subject to debate, but if it were up to the Tea Baggers they wouldn't exist at all. If the Tea Baggers had their way, President Obama wouldn't have gotten anything accomplished.

The more he succeeds, the louder they yell and the more outraged they get. Just look at healthcare, the closer the Administration got to success, the harder the Republicans pushed and the more "outraged" the Tea Baggers got. I'm sure we all remember actual elected Congressmen and women going out and egging that crowd on before/during the House vote on HCR?

Is it any wonder that the Tea Baggers tend to line up along the Republican line of thinking? Yet when it comes time to put the money where the mouths are they are pretty silent. What exactly would they have us cut? Our Defense budget? Social Security? Medicare? They don't want to pay taxes yet if the government were to stop collecting taxes and stop doing all of the services that it provides, they'd probably have a fit.

President Obama has done some major things that either haven't been done, or haven't been done in a long time. If he were just a mediocre President, do you think all of these newly politically active people (this so called "grassroots movement" that seems to have a lot of corporate backing for what it's worth) would be out there now protesting? They knew he had big ideas from the election. They knew he wasn't coming in to be just a bench warmer President, and I think on policy there could be some valid criticism in the TeaParty, and the fact that he's actually achieving some of those big ideals is driving them crazy. but the fact of the matter is they don't want to talk about issues now, they don't want to debate issues now, they want to keep President Barack Hussein Obama from being a success (it certainly doesn't help that 92% of them consider Glenn Beck's Show "news" when not even FOX "News" does).

So much of this is true. Many of the elected republicans in congress just see Pres. Obama's failures as their successes which is what they want. They don't care about the country, they just care about having Obama fail so that they can win.

Just look at rush - he cheered, as did others, when Pres. Obama wasn't successful in getting the Olympics in the United States. Now, if you were a real patriot cheering for your country, you would have been cheering him on. But that's not what it's about. Their hatred of Pres. Obama, the president, the man, is palpable.

And I don't know where you read your accounts of the economy but Pres. Obama has been successful in turning the economy around. But trust a conservative to get it wrong. By all accounts and measures. So you lack complete credibility when you post otherwise. I have already posted many articles profiling the success of the stimulus and Pres. Obama's economic policy and where we are now compared to January 2009. I am so glad we had someone with brains to lead us out of the economic disaster.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

If that 63 year old whiner still had Bush for a president and a Republican dominated congress he could bet his bottom dollar that he would still be having to work his arse off with no end in sight!

How the heck does he think the economy got so bad that he's still having to work? Because of president Obama or the Democratic dominated congress? Well that can't be right. They haven't been in control long enough to have made him worse off.

And as a matter of fact, he is not worse off, he's better off. What a loser! He's too stupid to know what's going on around him. No wonder he hasn't planned well enough for his retirement. Or maybe like Cleo and many others he lost his nest egg to Goldman Sachs or Lehman Bros or fill in the blank.

I'm getting sick and tired of the whiners. Pull yourselves up by your bootstraps and get to work. If you want changes, put your money where your big mouth is. Otherwise you don't want changes you just want to bellyache and whine. Get a life!

Cleosmom, Did you read the article in the Trib the other day about John Deere, AT&T, Caterpillar canceling meeting about healthcare cost concerns? They all cried about how they where going to lose millions of dollars because of healthcare. Obama said he didnt know where they were getting these numbers from so he set up a meeting to discuss the numbers, but they canceled the meeting because they suddenly realized they would actually save money "because of the healthcare reform"!!!(After running theyre mouths, getting everyone to believe they where right, theyre right alright, right-wing nut jobs. Patty, before you ask what they would gain from making this story up, big corporation, you tell me why it would benefit them to make Obama look bad!

One more thing, I told my wife today about how the Teabaggers claim they dont support either party, I havent seen one democrat speak at a "gathering of the nuts"!! I believe it was you who said they where disgruntled reps, I agree 100%.

The funny thing is, Patty cries about how the rich are paying higher taxes, then babbles about how we need to go back to what this country was founded on. Well taxes started since day 1, thats how this country has always paid for things. You(reps) only want taxes you agree with,(ones that dont affect you)just like everything else. You cry and whine about all the taxes the "rich" have to pay(Nobodies taxes have been raised as of yet), well its about time, the middleclass has carried this country since day 1. You reps say libs want handouts but you want everything this great country has to offer without having to pay for it ie. taxes! So, who really expects handouts?

However I do have to admit, some of his points I do agree with(very few,1). Of course you all know by now that Im a plumber, I go to peoples houses and they cry about money when it comes time to pay, but yet they have plazma big screen TVs, Starbucks cups on the end tables(I went to starbucks for the first time in awhile yesterday and a medium drink cost me $4.oo and some cents, I couldnt believe it). And people bit5h at me for charging them $145.00 to snake their sewer and clean up sh^t! Anyway, that does bother me. I work in projects once in awhile, these people live for free or almost for free and drive vehicles that are alot nicer than mine, and alot are new. Same with people who "choose" to live in trailers,(this is a tough one because maybe people just like living in a trailer), It cracks me up when I see someone pulling out of the trailer park in a $50,000.00 truck or suv(any vehicle that costs at least twice that of their trailer. I guess everybodies priorities are different. There is some truth to what these people say(Patty, reps). What upsets me is when they say all libs(Im not lib)ask for handouts. The funny thin is most poor people I know are republicans! When I pull into a trailer park and see a Bush Chenney poster in the yard I feel like saying, "thats why you still live in a trailer". Or when someone has an old, faded bumper sticker on their rusted out old car(and we "aint" even talkin Cadillac), Id like to telkl them, Bush-Chenney are the reason youre still driving that car! Im not picking on poor people(just reps), I just cant believe these people cant see they(Bush)didnt make it any easier!

During times of an economic near collapse, like we had when Obama took office, spending is called for to help get us out the recession. Thankfully, that is what Pres. Obama did and it worked. After the economy is on its feet again, then the issues of spending and deficit reduction can be addressed, not before.

Keep in mind that deficits happen not only due to spending but also to lost revenue and that can be blamed to a large extent on the 2 tax cuts to the rich under bush. Those are set to expire at the end of 2010. Let's see how many of those "cut the spending, reduce the deficit" hypocritical teabaggers or republicans get behind letting this unnecessary tax cut expire. Hmm.

Who's to Blame for the Deficit Numbers?

pie_chart_deficit.bmp

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Cleosmom, Did you read the article in the Trib the other day about John Deere, AT&T, Caterpillar canceling meeting about healthcare cost concerns? They all cried about how they where going to lose millions of dollars because of healthcare. Obama said he didnt know where they were getting these numbers from so he set up a meeting to discuss the numbers, but they canceled the meeting because they suddenly realized they would actually save money "because of the healthcare reform"!!!(After running theyre mouths, getting everyone to believe they where right, theyre right alright, right-wing nut jobs. Patty, before you ask what they would gain from making this story up, big corporation, you tell me why it would benefit them to make Obama look bad!

One more thing, I told my wife today about how the Teabaggers claim they dont support either party, I havent seen one democrat speak at a "gathering of the nuts"!! I believe it was you who said they where disgruntled reps, I agree 100%.

No, I don't read that right-wing, republican rag sheet, but could you post the link or article? Sounds interesting (and typical of the hypocrites).

It cracks me up when I see someone pulling out of the trailer park in a $50,000.00 truck or suv(any vehicle that costs at least twice that of their trailer. I guess everybodies priorities are different.

In most cases,those vehicles are leased and they'll be repossessed in a few months when they can't make the payments.