Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conservative VS Liberal

Cantor not targeted: Richmond PD says bullet fired randomly

by Jed Lewison

Thu Mar 25, 2010 at 06:40:51 PM PDT

Eric Cantor, the second-ranking House Republican, claimed earlier today that his office had been the target of a politically motivated shooting.

If you thought Cantor's claim seemed reminiscent of the the bogus "an Obama supporter carved a backwards 'B' into my face" story from the 2008 campaign, you were right.

According to AP, the Richmond Police Department now says the bullet that hit an office in the building where he has a campaign office was fired randomly.

Bullet that hit Va. congressman's office random

RICHMOND, Va. — Richmond police say the bullet that hit a window of Republican Virginia Congressman Eric Cantor's office had been randomly fired skyward.

Given the facts of the matter -- that the bullet was fired randomly in the air, and hit a window in the building in which Cantor has an office (the bullet didn't hit his office) -- it is clear that Cantor willfully misled the media this morning. Cantor and his office knew that they were not targets of the shooting, but they claimed otherwise to score political points.

This is a big deal. Cantor is the number two Republican. He speaks for the party. And he brazenly dissembled to the national press corps on an issue of life or death. It might not be fair or balanced, but he should be held to a different standard: truth and accuracy.

What kind of garbage is this?? The Rethuglicans in office kill me. Straight up lie. Even after death threats to Democratic congressmen and women, he still has the balls to blatently lie to the American people. WOW.

thanks, tdslf1. I saw that article, too. Typical of the republicans to try to deflect from what is going on with the right wing extremists with whom many from their party were standing the other day in DC when racial slurs, spitting, etc.. took place. Some republicans were helping to hold up their banners.

They are trying to pooh, pooh, it. No big deal. Well, it is a big deal. And I think the american people think it's a big deal.

Of course there are some on this board who are in denial and say that all this violence is just in our heads. Wow!

Didn't we all know that the Republicans would conveniently get phone calls and carefully constructed threats from people, whom they claim are Democrats? I sure did. It totally goes along with their usual subversive activities. When something awful they support backfires on them, they send out letters and get someone from their own camp to go public with whatever crazy idea they can come up with to deflect the heat off them.

The Republicans are the ones who exhibit the obnoxious behavior, the threatening behavior, the foul language and accusations, i.e., the birthers, the deathers, Joe the Plumber, etc. The Republicans are the ones who link arms and write and sign letters that are published and broadcast over the airwaves. They're experts at lies and ugliness (remember the Swift Boat campaign they used against Senator Kerry?) There are lots of incidents that they have been responsible for that go back to the Nixon era. And probably before that but I was too young to witness them.

So nothing new here. Nothing to see. Move along.

Today my sister posted this on her Facebook page,

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them wh...at they could and should do for themselves."- Abraham Lincoln

I'm sure you have seen this before and know it wasn't said by Abraham Lincoln, that isn't even the irritating part, OUR Mother has Parkinson's and is on Medicaid and SS disability. Hello? Is anybody home? Your own Mother is dependent on government programs!

Is there a double standard? Seems to be.

Every threat to Obama is now vigorously pursued, trumpeted and dissected by the media and the blogs, and roundly condemned. And I condemn such threats as well.

But in the past, whenever someone threatened Bush at a protest, there was a deafening silence on the part of the media and the left-leaning blogs, and consequently very little (if any) follow-through on the part of the Secret Service. Which I find quite distressing.

A democrat for sure. A Violent death threat!

IMG_2416small.JPG

Well, then, that just makes it okay that those on the right have engaged in violence. Did this man actually bomb the white house? Let me think for a minute. Ah, no.

I guess his SIGN (which is a non-violent protest) makes it okay to sever the gas line at the home of a brother of a democratic congressman, or throw bricks through window of democratic offices or spit on reps.

Yes, it's all so clear now. :tt1:

Is there a double standard? Seems to be.

Every threat to Obama is now vigorously pursued, trumpeted and dissected by the media and the blogs, and roundly condemned. And I condemn such threats as well.

But in the past, whenever someone threatened Bush at a protest, there was a deafening silence on the part of the media and the left-leaning blogs, and consequently very little (if any) follow-through on the part of the Secret Service. Which I find quite distressing.

I'm sure the secret service never looked into any of these threats against bush, being that they are liberal democrats. :eek:

And I'm sure fox news never reported any of this either and of course it was eliminated from that liberal internet. Oh, wait, no it wasn't. You found it, didn't you? :tt1:

Just another tactic to deflect. Is that all you have now, PG, you have to go back and dig up some old pictures?

Inminds.com

Boycott Aparthied Isreael in UK not even american

Boycott Israel News

You should at least find Americans for your examples.

Edited by LeighaMason
layout

Well, then, that just makes it okay that those on the right have engaged in violence. Did this man actually bomb the white house? Let me think for a minute. Ah, no.

I guess his SIGN (which is a non-violent protest) makes it okay to sever the gas line at the home of a brother of a democratic congressman, or throw bricks through window of democratic offices or spit on reps.

Yes, it's all so clear now. :tt1:

I never said it made it okay. I simply want to point out that tempers flare when people have their liberties taken from them and that dems had their day of death threats as well. Should I group you in with that man above holding the sign that says Kill Bush!? You are a murdererer, too? Can you see how ridiculus you're being when you say ALL conservatives are violent. It just doesn't hold Water. Not all conservatives have a problem with holding in their anger and disgust over this HC Bill that is going to flush us financially down the toilet. Most look forward to getting their repayment with their vote in November. It's too bad that a small minority of them had to resort to throwing rocks. But

You didn't have that attitude about signs that tea party protesters were holding BEFORE the passing of the HC bill! You said they were haters, bigots, violent, etc. I guess you aretoo, since those who are in your party held these kinds of signs.

A protester with a sign saying “Kill Bush” and advocating that the White House be bombed, at the March 18, 2007 anti-war rally in San Francisco.

hangbushringo.jpg

Bush_is_the_disease.jpg

I'm sure the secret service never looked into any of these threats against bush, being that they are liberal democrats. :smile2:

And I'm sure fox news never reported any of this either and of course it was eliminated from that liberal internet. Oh, wait, no it wasn't. You found it, didn't you? :tt1:

Just another tactic to deflect. Is that all you have now, PG, you have to go back and dig up some old pictures?

These old pictures show YOU to be just as SICK as the conservatives whom you have SOOOOOOOOOO much to say about. They PROVE that democrats just like you were right out there doing the same kind of crap as some republicans today. And you talk about Hypocrits!!!:eek:

Are they REALLY going to shoot bush? Those mentally ill, psychotic democrats! They need to be imprisoned.