Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honeymoon over?

Okay...I know I'm being obsessive....but the last 2 days I've lost NOTHING. I knew it would slow down or even stop soon....is about 12 days out right? Just want to make sure I'm normal. It seems really weird too since I've exercised a full hour both yesterday and monday. I still think my calorie intake is too low...but I can't seem to make myself drink more protien shakes at this point. I'm drinking enough to get the required protien and that is it. I get to start adding some more foods to my diet tomorrow after the nutritionist appointment, that will likely raise my calorie intake a bit.....so then will I start gaining hehehe?

On another note I've developed a KILLER sore throat, I'm not sure I could eat real food right now if I tried. I'm suppouse to start my new job today...but since I'm working with kids, I can almost guarentee they aren't going to want me there. I'm not even sure if I feel like working out...it hurts to swallow even Water.

Melissa

I'm not there yet, so I have no idea what's normal; but I do hope your throat gets to feeling better!

STOP GETTING ON THAT SCALE!!! Do it once a week and you will love the results. Do it everyday and you are going to hate them. You are doing great, and are doing fine! Do exactly what the Nutritionist tells you and you will lose. One thing I loved on the mushie stage was fat free refried Beans, with cheese, and salsa. It was rather yummy and satisfying.

I hope your throat gets to feeling better!

Angie

I can't tell you to stay off the scale because I am just as bad. Well I was up to a week ago now I have or want nothing to with weight loss, the band, the scale or anything. Just in a rut...

Anyway...hang in there...I do think you aren't getting enough calories in. When I was filled too tight..I was having like 300 - 400 a day and oh my goodness I was actually gaining most of the time. You will see when you eat mushies it will get better hang in there girl. Plus look at the exercise you are doing... me I am lucky to walk everyday.

Oh and my throat has been hurting me the last 2 days...I think something is going around.

If you're going to weigh all the time (I can't make myself stop!), you are going to have to adjust your brain to accept normal (yes, normal!) fluctuations in body weight. You are not going to lose every day. Not. You will even gain on some days. You will stay the same weight for weeks, possibly. Then, your weight will drop a few pounds. I know everyone is not the same, but I think these things are universal.

Don't get all worried about things that are normal. I know it's hard not to, but trust the band, and work with it. You're doing great!

I know I shouldn't be weighing every day...but it was exciting when the weight was falling away...lol. Now I'm sick ...I don't want another protien shake...but broth doesn't have much protien. I wish i had of bought some time of non flavored protien powder to add to broth. Right now as long as I keep a throat lozenger in my mouth my throat doesn't hurt.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Thursday and my nutrition appointment, cause I'm one grouchy bear right now.

Melissa

Assuming I make it through insurance approval, I absolutely dread the liquids! Two weeks before and up to two weeks after ... that's a month without chewing. I may have to white-knuckle myself through it frown.gif

Enough of my premature whining, I hope you feel better soon Ms Bear.

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. I was teasing about the scale. God knows I did it too when I first had the surgery. I was just teasing. Hopefully know one took it as I was being hateful. Sometimes through email or things like this people read it the wrong way. Sorry if it was taken that way.

You are doing a great job! Keep it up. Let me know how the nutrition appointment goes with Dianne.

Thanks,

Angie

Tomorrow is my Doctors appointment. Hopefully he'll tell me what went wrong the other night. I still don't feel 100%, but I"m 95% better!

As far as the stupid scale goes! I threw all of mine out the window yrs ago! As hard as it is not to go on it I am not! I am waiting to use the doctors scale only! So far so good.

In the past I know I have failed do to what the scale had to say about me for that day! I STRONGLY recommend at the most once a week. Monthly measurements and 1 new outfit a month!

Don't forget to buy underwear that won't fall down!!! Did I tell you guys that story?

Good luck tomorrow Melissa.

Angie...girl didn't take it wrong. Goodness knows I'm a dieting professional now...know better than to get on the scale every day....doesn't stop me from doing it though. I didn't take offense...I appreciate the advice.

Diane...good luck with your appointment....I forgot and picked up the 5 year old today...but not hurting so hopefully no harm done.

Melissa

I hate to break this to you, but when I was at exactly the same point as you post surgery I went 8 or 9 days on liquids and didn't drop a pound. It was a major bummer since, like you, I was drinking 3 Protein shakes a day and that's about it.

I'm not sure why it happens, I just know it sucks, lol. Hang in there! Once you get on that scale and see a loss every day it's pretty hard to accept that it's not all going to come off at a rate of 7 lbs a week.

It seems like the first few months of being a bandster are just wait, wait, and wait some more (wait for mushies, wait for solids, wait for a fill, etc). The good news is, three months from now you'll be seeing a huge improvement and you'll forget all about the waiting. :)

Count me in girl - I lost 17 pounds in 2 weeks... now I have gone a week and a half without losing anything. In fact I have gained a pound or two depending on the day. I think your body freaks out from lack of food.

I am just eating whatever feels good right now. I think healing is more important than weight loss until your first fill.

Don't worry about it. We are in this FOREVER. I will pick up the obession on November 17th......... :0)

Well I starting loosing again...its about 1/2 a lb a day. I noticed last week when I worked out and worked both that I didn't loose and then lost like a 1 and 1/2 at once. I'm kinda of curious to see if it repeats itself this week....as I seem to be called in often. (I'm a sub teacher at the Y) I'm working more than I anticipated.

Melissa

The scale can really effect your success and attitude. Think about going on once a week instead of everyday. I've wiened myself to every dr visit. My next one isn't until Nov 28th.

I actually gained a few pounds back a few weeks after surgery, once I started back on solid foods. I thought for sure I was the first banded failure! For the first couple of months I didn't really lose much at all, then it started falling off a little here, a little there...

Sometimes I didn't lose a thing, yet my pants size would drop... even now having lost only 2 pounds in the last 2 months, I dropped another pants size, and the girls at work keep commenting on how much I keep changing. So don't get disheartened by numbers on the scale.

Your body has a major adjustment to contend with. It's going to go through the starvation phase where it holds tightly to everything you've got since your intake has suddenly dropped, then it won't have a choice but to start using your stores of fat, and you'll start losing again. Hang in there!