Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nutrisystem

Is anyone out there doing Nutrisystem?

I have been really discouraged with my lack of weight loss, so after my cousin asked me to be in her wedding, I decided that i needed to do something about it NOW, no matter what the cost. I decided to order Nutrisystem.

I had my surgery on August 10th and my doctor was so conservative with my fills by only giving me 1/4 of a CC everytime I went into the office. I wasn't losing. Now that I am filled to 4.5 CC, I am finally feeling the way that I should feel. The only problem is that no matter how much I exercise and eat right, the weight doesn't seem to come off at all. I've lost about 20 pounds since my surgery and that is all in the first 3 weeks (including pre-op).

I have ordered Nutrisystem to help keep me on track. It is wonderful so far. I started yesterday and have already lost 2 pounds! It is quick and easy and it is pretty good if you order the right foods. I have done nutrisystem in the past and it worked, but I was starving! Now I am NOT hungry when I eat it and it is actually really difficult to eat all of the add-ins that they recommend. It must be the combinations of foods that are helping me lose.

I hope that my weight loss continues and I get where I want to be by October 2, 2010.

Any thoughts on Nutrisystem's Plan with the lap band?

Jodi

IMHO you are dieting - you aren't learning to prepare your own food - you aren't changing your lifestyle - you are eating their food - which is conveniently protioned for you - but once you are done and go back to eating real food what's going to happen.

You are eating food that's full of chemicals - freezed dryed ..

The 2 lbs you lost was Water weight from not eating the carbs..

IMHO you need to learn to eat real food - you need to learn how to weigh measure to understand what a correct portion size is - you need to know calories in the foods you eat - you need to eat low fat - limited starches and sugars - you need to learn to eat healthy.

Nutrisystem - does it all for you - what are you going to eat on those 2 days of free foods.

If it gets you back on track go for it - but I don't think it's a good idea in the long run - cuz you are going to do this for a while and then go back to your normal eating -- and we all know what happends then.. Been there done that..

You need to learn how to eat healthy as we all know our band doesn't make our food choices and eating healthy - planing your meals take works on your part..

I can't live of frozen - freezed dried - processed foods - I want really home cooked foods w/o all the chemicals

Wishing you the best

Thanks for your opinion, but I really didn't want replies like this. I was looking for people who are doing Nutrisystem. I was making healthy choices and knew my calories and portion sizes, but the weight wasn't coming off so I am trying this. No matter what anyone says on this, you DO still have to diet in some way shape or form with the lapband. It is a tool to help you stay fuller longer while dieting and exercising.

i plan on seeing my nutritionist after I am finished with nutrisystem to develop a food plan that keeps me where i need to be. The lap band should keep me from gaining what I lose back if I exercise and make the right food choices.

Yes...Nutrisystem is all portioned for me and I realize that the first 10 pounds that I will lose will be Water weight. I don't know what makes you think that nutrisystem doesn't have carbs? It has plenty of carbs. The meal that i am eating now has 18 carbs. However, they are good carbs. I am also not off of the plan for 2 days. I am on it 7 days a week.

I am currently a full-time teacher and have 2 children. A ten year old that is in every sport imaginable and a 19 month old who is into anything and everything imaginable. I am busy, busy, busy. Yes, preparing my own healthy foods sounds great, but it takes time. Time that i don't have. Sometimes i have to make a decision to clean my house or walk on the treadmill with the limited time that I have while my son naps...if he naps. I lately have been choosing the treadmill.

Nutrisystem is just easier for me right now and it works for me.

I was banded in August and have not had much success with weight loss as of yet. I have 4.5 cc's in my band. I have been thinking about Nutrisystem, and think it is a great idea. I also have two kids 15 and 11 in every sport imaginable. So I completely understand. My kids being very active are very fit and can eat anything. PLease let me know how you are doing with Nutrisystem.

Thanks for your reply. I will let you know how it goes. I love the Nutrisystem website as well. The discussion boards are so user friendly and it keeps me motivated. I asked my doctor about Nutrisystem and he said that it should be fine, but if I find that financially it becomes too difficult, that I should see my dietician. That is the only thing that might be an issue since I still have to buy grocery add-ins for me and other groceries for the kids and my husband.

I had thought about Nutri system at one time also ... if for nothing else, to get used to actually SEEING the portion sizes!! I measure some stuff, others i just guess. But i LOVE the idea of having everything already portioned out. I've just never tasted any of it. I admit, i'm a bit leary of it! lol Even Marie Osmond can't sell me that it TASTES good! hehehehehehe Which Entrees and meals and Snacks do you like ?

Nutrisystem is the type of thing that you either love or hate. If you get the wrong foods, you will definitely hate it. Everyone has different tastes. It took me a lot of trial and error in the past to find what I really like and I am sticking with it. My recommendation is to go on there and order like 3-5 days worth of food Ala Carte and see if you like it before you buy it. One of the things that I love is the Breakfast bars (cinnamon bun bar, apple bar, chocolate chip bar). For lunch, I like the Fudge Graham Bar, the Ham and Bean Soup, veggie soup, Tomato Soup, chicken caccatori, cheese tortellini to name a few. For dinner i like the meatloaf, and all of the Pasta dishes (lasagne especially). Sometimes they are hard to eat with the band, but i just take my time. For dessert, I like the Cookies and the honey mustard pretzels. This is only a few things that I like, but it is worth a try. I already feel so much better. I don't feel like my fingers are swollen anymore and I have lots of energy. I walked on the treadmill for an hour total yesterday. I actually got on twice.

Just an update...i am doing really well with NS. Lost 10 pounds and started eating the foods on 1/5/10. I have more energy and I am exercising a lot as well.