Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Google cell phone users

hey everyone. if anyone on here have an ANDROID BASED PHONE example: Motorola Droid, G1, My Touch ect.. there is a great FREE APP in the android market called CALORIE COUNTER by FatSecret.

It is a great tool they have over 1000's different types of food, resturants menu, junk food, and fruits

AND AND they also use the weight watcher point system (you dont have to be on weight watchers to use it, im not on weight watcher)

If you cant find what you ate on the list you can use the built in scanner and scan the barcode and it will bring up the nutritional facts and save it

It also have a food journal, a diary, exercise log and many more feature that i think will be great for us

You can also go to their website and do everything on line if you dont have an ANDROID based phone

All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret

:thumbup::w00t::tt2::w00t::thumbup::w00t::thumbup::w00t::thumbup:

I'm pretty sure the iphone (or if you have an ipod touch) has a similar app. It doesn't have the scanner (unfortunately cause that sounds AWESOME!). Thanks for the heads up thou!! :thumbup:

I found it and downloaded it.. I have the G1... looks very cool... can't wait to really get to check it out...

hey everyone. if anyone on here have an ANDROID BASED PHONE example: Motorola Droid, G1, My Touch ect.. there is a great FREE APP in the android market called CALORIE COUNTER by FatSecret.

It is a great tool they have over 1000's different types of food, resturants menu, junk food, and fruits

AND AND they also use the weight watcher point system (you dont have to be on weight watchers to use it, im not on weight watcher)

If you cant find what you ate on the list you can use the built in scanner and scan the barcode and it will bring up the nutritional facts and save it

It also have a food journal, a diary, exercise log and many more feature that i think will be great for us

You can also go to their website and do everything on line if you dont have an ANDROID based phone

All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret

:thumbup::w00t::tt2::w00t::thumbup::w00t::thumbup::w00t::thumbup:

Oh yeah with the iphone u never know it might be there (dosent iphone have like a million apps lol) if not their website is just as good.....

I'm pretty sure the iphone (or if you have an ipod touch) has a similar app. It doesn't have the scanner (unfortunately cause that sounds AWESOME!). Thanks for the heads up thou!! :thumbup:

Yeahhh cool when u start using it tell me how u like it.. even their website is like a weightlost myspace lol... good luck

I found it and downloaded it.. I have the G1... looks very cool... can't wait to really get to check it out...

I'll look into it. I have the Motorola Cliq. Thanks!

I use two apps on my iphone. One is called Loseit , It does similar to what you are describing. I tell it how much weight I want to lose per week. My weight and few other things. It tells me how many calories I need to get there. I log all my food and exercises and it posts it to my food blogger the next day. I can also view it from their website from a computer .

The 2nd one I use is Runkeeper, you can track your fitness activities, including distance, time, speed, pace, calories burned, elevation, and path traveled on a map. Then it uploads it onto your account at their website. I love it. It's good for walking, biking, jogging.

I am NOT a techie, but both of the apps were free and they are very easy to use. Especially if I can use it, anyone can. With my job trying to keep up a food journal was hard because I am not near a computer or a desk much, This was perfect for me because my phone is always on my hip :smile2:

Edited by nawlinzlady

I use two apps on my iphone. One is called Loseit , It does similar to what you are describing. I tell it how much weight I want to lose per week. My weight and few other things. It tells me how many calories I need to get there. I log all my food and exercises and it posts it to my food blogger the next day. I can also view it from their website from a computer .

The 2nd one I use is Runkeeper, you can track your fitness activities, including distance, time, speed, pace, calories burned, elevation, and path traveled on a map. Then it uploads it onto your account at their website. I love it. It's good for walking, biking, jogging.

I am NOT a techie, but both of the apps were free and they are very easy to use. Especially if I can use it, anyone can. With my job trying to keep up a food journal was hard because I am not near a computer or a desk much, This was perfect for me because my phone is always on my hip :thumbup:

I'm definitely going to try these out thanks so much!!!

I use Calorie Counter on my Droid Eris and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I really like the weight graph....something so satisfying about seeing that line get closer to the goal line. My favorite part is the scanner....scan a barcode and it loads it into your daily plan...no typing out all the names and nutrients. I let my son use it at the grocery store (he's 12) and it's really got him excited about reading labels and learning about what is good, ok, or bad to eat.

The only thing I would change is maybe the colors. It's a black/white interface and I like a little more color, but I'm not complaining.

I have a Blackberry (Tour) with Verizon service. I have the exact same app, Calorie Counter by FatSecret. It was free as well in Blackberry App World.

I have the samsung moment (android) I'm headed into the market to find that app! Thanks for posting.

I love it when I hear "free" in the market place...let me go check out!

I use Sparkpeople. It is connected to the website, and you can enter your food on your computer or your phone. There is also a huge community on Sparkpeople, with different Spark Teams. I am a member of the lap band spark teams. I like how I can enter my food from my phone, because when I am out I don't have to remember to do it when I get home. But then I like how I can use many more features on the website.

I use my caloroie tracker every day on my droid. Its awesome. I track all my meals and my excersice. The barcode scanner works great also.:)