Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 11th bandsters out there????

I saw the thread for the 1/15'ers but thought I would ask about my date on 1/11.

My surgeon does not require a pre-op diet...just asks that I don't gain any weight from my last appt with him which was Thanksgiving week. Guess what?...I GAINED...about 8 pounds...so I have to be VERY good the rest of the week to prepare myself.

Hope to hear from any and all that getting banded soon!

Take care,

Claricey:thumbup:

Congrats and GOOD LUCK to you...I am over the top excited to be finally getting this done!!!

Hi there

I am also getting banded on the 11th. You are lucky you have no pre-op diet - I am on day 8 of an all-liquid, no sugar diet and it is no fun :smile2: On the upside, though I've lost 9 lbs!

Keep in touch and good luck :thumbdown:

Wow! 9 pounds already, that is awesome!!! What kinds of things are you putting in your house for when you get home the first few days? I keep thinking I'm forgetting something but I have sugar free ice pops, broth, egg whites, skim milk, yogurt....what else can we eat on the liquids/full liquids.< /p>

Going in the next day for my band on Jan 12. Good luck, will follow you posts.

I have the usual chicken broth (it was on sale, so I got lots) and juice, crystal light, sobe lifewater 0 cal for when I am sick of just plain Water. My doctor also told me to get some Isopure, which is a juice drink that has 40 g of Protein in it. You can get it at GNC. I also ordered some unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder to mix in any of the above. Most Protein powders I have found are chocolate and I'm so sick of chocolate Protein shakes after this 2 week liquid diet. I tried a little bit of the powder in some broth and it didn't alter the taste, so it's a good way to get your protein. Looking forward to adding to some mashed potatoes. I will be so glad when I am past just liquids. You definitely miss the "chew factor".

Only 5 more days!:(

I'm also set for a Jan 11th banding. I'm getting the Realize band. My pre-op diet was not a big deal, mainly because I am too nervous to eat anyway. Lots of sugar-free Jello and GNC whey Protein Drinks, Soups and low fat yogurt. I even splurged and ate some fat free cottage cheese last week. I lost 12 pounds in the 2 weeks. I hope this goes smoothly and I can post my experiences Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yes and absolutely terrified. Not sleeping and screaming at my daughter. My dr. didn't require a liquid pre-op diet and now I'm scared that I should have been on one. My DH, who is the same size he was in high school, not sure why exercise and dieting is not better than lap-band. Am so scared. Can anyone give me some real positive feedback b/c I'm close to not showing up on Monday! Thanks.

Yes and absolutely terrified. Not sleeping and screaming at my daughter. My dr. didn't require a liquid pre-op diet and now I'm scared that I should have been on one. My DH, who is the same size he was in high school, not sure why exercise and dieting is not better than lap-band®. Am so scared. Can anyone give me some real positive feedback b/c I'm close to not showing up on Monday! Thanks.

I'm nervous too, but if you aren't nervous about surgery, you're NUTS! As far as the pre-op liquid diet, I've heard from many people whose Drs. don't require them. The main reason for the pre-op diet is to shrink your liver so the surgeon can see everything better. The "liquid" diet is so that your stomach is not irritated, your GI tract isn't full of lots of solid stool, and you are better prepared for the post-op liquid diet.< /p>

Edited by Dan5099

Dan, Your one hell of a Trooper. Going from 308 to 232 in 6 months, sure you need surgery? If I had that kind of will power, I would`nt need the Lap Band. I think you might be able to deal with your weight (without) the surgery. I`m right behind you, going in for my band on Jan. 12! Good luck.

Dan, Your one hell of a Trooper. Going from 308 to 232 in 6 months, sure you need surgery? If I had that kind of will power, I would`nt need the LAP-BAND®®. I think you might be able to deal with your weight (without) the surgery. I`m right behind you, going in for my band on Jan. 12! Good luck.

The problem is that I've gone back and forth from 300'ish to 225'ish about a dozen times so I definitely need the surgery to help me break this cycle. It's safer to get the surgery now that I'm at the low end of the yo-yo cycle. Between the band and the fact that I am retiring in April and will have much more time to focus on my health and fitness, I hope to greatly increase the length of my retirement.

Good luck you you too, Phil.

I'm also set for a Jan 11th banding. I'm getting the Realize band. My pre-op diet was not a big deal, mainly because I am too nervous to eat anyway. Lots of sugar-free Jello and GNC whey Protein drinks, Soups and low fat yogurt. I even splurged and ate some fat free cottage cheese last week. I lost 12 pounds in the 2 weeks. I hope this goes smoothly and I can post my experiences Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hey Dan! I am getting the Allergan Lap-band system. My doc didn't require the pre-op diet but I gained about 8 pounds over the holidays. I've been watching what I ate and exercised a little and have lost it, thank goodness! My weight right now is 307 and I have to say that you have done a fantastic job on your own!!!! This band will be a great success for you and will help you keep it off and avoid that yo-yo thing.

I also will try to post when I am home on Tuesday.

Take care and BEST OF LUCK ON MONDAY!!

Claricey

P.S. Don't forget to join the thread for January 2010 bandsters. We are posting on their post op.

Yes and absolutely terrified. Not sleeping and screaming at my daughter. My dr. didn't require a liquid pre-op diet and now I'm scared that I should have been on one. My DH, who is the same size he was in high school, not sure why exercise and dieting is not better than lap-band®®®®. Am so scared. Can anyone give me some real positive feedback b/c I'm close to not showing up on Monday! Thanks.

Hi Pasoc! I understand completly how you feel. However don't worry, if your doc doesn't require a pre op diet....there is no harm in not following one. If there were...your surgeon would have required it.

The surgery itself is not considered major and really has a very low list of possible complications. I personally know about 25 people that have had the band and have had no complications and absolutely no regrets.

I can tell you why I am going for the band. I have been able to lose significant amounts of weight (many times over the years) but never able to keep it off permanently. I always gain it back. My problem is I binge when I'm sad, happy, depressed, stressed. I think you see my point. The band will be my tool to be able to handle those times with limiting what I can fit into my stomach. It will always be the reminder that I have had enough..and I am full. Of course I'm always working on better ways to attack the binge behavior. One other positive is how quickly you will be able to lose weight. With every pound you lose you will become healthier and that is a very attractive feature.

There are more reasons than this but these are the ones I thought you might consider thinking about to feel better about your decision.

BEST OF LUCK and keep us posted!

Claricey

Going in the next day for my band on Jan 12. Good luck, will follow you posts.

Hi Phil! Thanks for the good wishes...we will be thinking about you on the 12th!

Just a note to everyone here to make sure you find and follow the January 2010 Bandsters thread. I will probably post over there when I get back from the hospital.

Take Care,

Claricey