Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't give up, be encouraged. Remember that there's no success without failure.

You're still new to this and the best thing you can do is be sure to not compare yourself to other people. Find foods you enjoy and stick with those.

For example, I like smoothies, I came up with one that I can sip for the better half of the day and get 64 grams of Protein while only 500 calories.

Or chicken and rice... I baked my rice in cream of chicken Soup and chicken broth to make sure it expands as much as possible so I can chew it without worrying if it's too much, or if it will expand in my stomach. Mix the rice and Soup together with some seasoning, throw some chicken on top and you have moist chicken and moist rice, also low calorie.

Or eggs with your Protein added, etc.. If you're stuck on recipe ideas or what to eat, I got a million of them. If your issue is time, I suggest a cooking day where you cook as much as possible on a saturday or sunday and then package for grab and go use.

The band is definitely NOT the easy way out, but it is a tool to help us get to where we want to be.

You're going to lose at your own pace, in your own way, and this journey is yours and yours alone. But if you need some help that's what we're here for my dear! :blushing:

thanks ymjackson. yes I need plenty of recipe ideas send them 2 me at dowhatitdo1@yahoo.com

I haven't hit a wall yet, but i've lived my life long enough to know it will happen.

can i suggest that you just cut yourself some slack, do whatever helps you to relax, reading, walking, journaling, whatever, and just not worry for a few days. Eat what works for you, and figure out the best direction for regrouping.

maybe find a support group, an exercise group or class (i took a spinning class, that has grown on me), maybe even talk with a professional. you've been through a lot.

peace to you.

i hope i'm not preaching!!!!! not meaning to at all.

thanks missyms. what is spinning?

this isnt working at all. so many people make it sound so easy 2 stay focused n have the weight come off. then u have the smart asses that make u feel bad n by fussing at u if u make a mistake. this is way harder than I thought. weigh this, measure that, count this, drink drink, burn burn burn.

And if it was that easy, they would not have needed to get the band, eh? :blushing:

Some banders believe you must exercise and count calories to lose weight...and that may be true of them. If I believed the only way to take this weight off post band was to 'diet' (count calories, weigh/measure, etc.) and 'exercise' (as in formal exercises vs an active lifestyle), I would not have bothered with the band...because if that's what it takes, then I already know what the end result will be. Another failure.

That doesn't mean I expect the band to magically whisk away the pounds just because it's there. It means I get to deal with food like a normal weight person because it gives me the 'stop' signal that I didn't have before and that they do have. My husband's family are all normal weight people. There's not an overweight person in the bunch so I use them as examples.

Normal weight people do not obsess about exercise or counting calories. They eat when they're hungry and they don't when they are not. They don't go to the gym 5-6 days a week or obsess about whether or not they're doing cardio. They take walks when they feel like it and for enjoyment. They scrub their floors, mow their lawns, garden, paint, swim, ski and do other activities they enjoy...and which are capable of keeping them fit and healthy.

They don't think any food is a bad food and don't have a problem with having a 'small' piece of dessert on occasion although Desserts and sweets do seem to be a rarity in their daily lives. None of them are junk food eaters and none of them eat at McDonald's, Burger King or other type of fast food place. When they go out to eat, they go to a restaurant...and when they do, they generally eat only half their food and take the rest home.

Will I lose weight more slowly than the person who hits the gym 5-6 days a week for 1-2 hours and counts every single calorie that goes into their mouth? Absolutely. Do I care? Not a bit.

I'm creating a lifestyle I can live with for the rest of my life...and that does not include 1-2 hours at a gym every day and counting calories or denying myself 'bad foods'.

Now, I do have a 'daily calorie budget' in my head because it helps me make good choices. For example, based on my height, age and activity level, I would need about 1900 calories per day to maintain a weight of 140 lbs...which is what I want to weigh and it helps me choose how I eat. There's a calculator here that's simple enough to use if interested. Just put the weight you want to maintain in the space instead of your actual weight.

For example, in the past I might have had two eggs scrambled in butter, 2 slices of turkey bacon and 2 slices of buttered toast for Breakfast. This morning I sprayed the pan with Pam (a vegetable spray) and had one scrambled egg and 1 thin (1 oz) slice of toast with about 1 tsp of butter. The bread was homemade so I weighed a thin slice a few days ago just to make sure I wasn't really eating 3 slices of bread in one.

I also occasionally weigh out or measure a food just so that 'visual' I have in my head stays accurate. Too often what we think is 1/2 cup is actually 1 cup.

lol,these wicked bicycle type things. they go faster than normal. the first time i went, my legs hurt for 5 days! but my gf went with me, and it has become fun.

hey dowhatitdo1,

we got banded within a few days from each other from what i rememnber.. i definitely feel your frustration.. and at the same time, i won't allow myself to feel like i am on a diet forever. I just make better decisions.. i still eat the bad stuff.. just not in large quanities. the weight loss is slow.. but thats ok. because atleast it's a loss.. and not a gain. right? besides, the slower the better for your body.. you lose fast all sorts of crap can happen. just hang in there.. keep an eye on your fills and restriction..your gonna do great.

hey dowhatitdo1,

we got banded within a few days from each other from what i rememnber.. I definitely feel your frustration.. And at the same time, i won't allow myself to feel like i am on a diet forever. I just make better decisions.. I still eat the bad stuff.. Just not in large quanities. The weight loss is slow.. But thats ok. Because atleast it's a loss.. And not a gain. Right? Besides, the slower the better for your body.. You lose fast all sorts of crap can happen. Just hang in there.. Keep an eye on your fills and restriction..your gonna do great.

hey dragonflylover how r u doing? Have u had a fill yet? R u at a standstill with ur weight. Thanks for the encouragement

totally understand! we're in the same boat