Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a long story but to make it short, I was banded in Feb 08 and am still same weight!!! Much of it has to do with health and my own bad habits and I developed Acid Reflux. Now I have no Fluid in my band. Just need reassurance why we need a band if we still have to control our hunger. I thought band would help with fullness, but its not in stomack, it in asophygus and hurts like a b...........

have you been back to a lapband surgeon lately?

If the band is in good condition, could you get a fill to get some restriction and take something to stop the acid reflux? Maybe you developed a hiatial hernia that needs repair?

I had hernia repair during lapband surgery and i had to defill completely because i developed acid reflex and have trouble with food going down. i had berium swallow and everything looks good. I like getting responses to help me get on track. Thank you.

Can you identify just one of those bad habits? Like I would eat after 8pm and my PA told me in their house they have a rule to stop eating after 8. this helps with the reflux. For me if I am active and exercise for 45 mins plus yoga ...the scale moves ...if not it isn't budging. It's strange how with the band I only lost less than 37 pounds which I am VERY grateful for but after that loss the ONLY thing that makes a difference is increasing my activity! I got as low as 204 a few weeks back and thought I'd make it to the 100s or onederland but not in the cards for 09 hopeully in 10 I will get to the 100s. after 45 it's a whole new game....sending you good wishes for 2010...you can do it!!

I don't exercise and Sep-Jan retail is busy time and I am merchandiser. Now its over and prexmas I planned already to work less, I almost colapsed from overworking. Now I am getting cut back and planning to take full advantage of it to step baci into gym at least 3 times a week. My weekness is sweets. GRRRR

If you are filled as much as you can, I have noticed that i I have a sweet craving I go for fruit as much as I hate fruit it does fill me up super fast and make me too full for sweets. That is the beauty of the LB it works if it is full enough and the foods I don't like do fill me up. It's almost like a diet pill to eat Fiber foods. Have you checked to see if you might need a mini fill? Before the band when I started eating anything my insulin would spike (in my opinion) and it would be like an alcoholic with alcohol and I would get hungry and couldn't stop. This halloween was a horror ....I ate my daughters candy and couldn't stop like years before ...

....sorry meant to add that the difference with the band is I feel like I have more control and I eat sweets but much less...I give in to my craving for icecream about 1x a week or less...used to be a daily fight. You'll see the exercise will change things....my doc said that some people eat less of one fat and make up for it eating other fats just in different forms...I feel this is where I am at...and theonly thing left to do is be more active. Best to you in 10