Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Suburban Chicago bandster - new here!

Hi, I'm Kristin. This is the first message board I've ever taken part in. My nutritionist suggested this site, and I love it so far!

I'm pre-op. My surgeon is Dr. Kane jr from Arlington Heights, IL. I have 30 days left on a BCBS enforced nutritional plan, then I can schedule the actual surgery.

I have tons of questions, so for now I'm going to look around at every thread I can, and would love to hear from peeps near my age (30) and in my area (even same state is fine:) - especially women...love you guys, but need some girl talk...Feeling a bit on my own, you know?! :)

Edited by kweb17

Hi, I'm a little north of you in Woodstock. My doc is Amir Heydari of Crystal Lake. I hope to see you around as we become acquainted with everyone! Happy weight loss!!!

I'm in the city and will be banded at Northwestern. I'm a bit older than you, but I'm with BCBSIL, too. Other stats are in my sig.

Good luck to you!

kagead

Hi Kristin, my name is Sandy and I am also going to the Kane Center. Dr Rantis is my surgeon. I have finished the 3 month diet requried by BCBS and am currently going through the last of the testing that is required before getting a date. I expect it will happen later this month. I attended the support group meeting this morning. Were you there?

Hi Kristin,

My name is Amy, I'm 35 yrs old, and I'm from Beecher. Welcome to LBT! I was banded on Dec 23rd. My surgeon is Dr. Shayani from Olympia Fields.

If you have any questions let me know.

Amy

Hi, my name is LaShaun im in the city at Day One Health downtown. I also have BCBSIL my last appoint is Jan. 15 with psych and nutrionist. I have a 3 month waiting period for insurance approval. This is my last month hopefully I will know something around the end of the month.

Hi Kristin! I too am a lil older than you (40), but am also with BCBSIL... am in my 2nd month of 6 month required supervised diet, so still pretty new to all this! I am also in the South Suburbs, and if all is approved will be having my surgery performed at Rush.

I mostly have been lurking here since joining but had to post to your thread since you are so close! Best of luck to you in your continued journey, and this is a great site for information and support :smile2:

Holler too if you need anything... God bless!

Susan

Hi Kristin!! I'm not in your state, but I'm close to your age -- I'm 32. I'm anxious to get started, too. I go for my first psych visit Thursday, then I have my first visit with the surgeon on Monday. I can't wait.

I'd love to hear about your journey.

Hi, Kristin! I'm in Plainfield, and am being banded by Brian Lahmann at Silver Cross in Joliet. I'm a little (well, not so little) older than you, but am always interested in making new friends, online and IRL.

Good luck with the approval process. I have BCBS (Empire), and it was totally uneventful. Just jump through their hoops, and you'll have a surgery date before you know it!