Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel really wierd/not good

I had a shake this morning 30 P. Then hot and spicy Soup (chinese) They went to a work thingy with some food.< /p>

Had a glass of wine, a very small open face turkey sandwich. They had french bread sliced thin with Turk and cranberries on it. 2 bites of cake.

That was between 6:30 and 8.

Had pain in stomach. Had some pain meds 1st time in weeks!

now I feel weak dizzy and nausues can;t spell either.

So I figured it is lack of protien so I made a shake.My face is cold and the rest of me is hot.

Is this lack of food? Or is there something else going on?should i call doc tonight or wait a while and see how i feel.

Did you feel weak and dizzy before or after the pain med? Pain meds can make you feel tired, dizzy and nauseated. But you could try eating some Protein to see if it helps. Do you have a fever? Have you ever been allergic to Chinese food? They put some weird stuff in Chinese food and I have had a few pt's come in with seizures after eating Chinese. Weird--but I love Chinese food still!

I had the Soup at lunch time which was 11hrs ago for me now.

haven'tt aken temp cause I feel to weak to go downstairs and get it.

I did just have a killer huge burp! thought I was going to get sick and then out came the burp. This is wierd with a pretty empty stomach.

I am real sleepy though but sort of nervous about laying down.

Could it have been the pain medicine mixed with the wine? Since we are eating less, I think alcohol can make us feel fuzzier easier. I hope you are feeling better now...Let us know.

Melissa

Dianne, I hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted.

Hmmmmm, that is pretty much how I feel when my blood sugar swings, (dizzy,weak like I could pass smooth out, hot flash and cold sweat at same time, shakey). Have you ever had problems with your blood sugar dropping before? If you have been limiting sweets and carbs pretty strictly lately, even the amount of sugar from a glass of wine and a few bites of cake can cause a spike and drop. Of course the pain you mention in your stomach make it seem band related, maybe too big of a meal or the wine, etc.... Please do keep us posted.

Well I'm feeling better now but all day felt wierd. I think it could have been all of thoses things everyone mentioned. I will be seeing my doctor on Thursday, and I'll tell him all about it. It was pretty scary, I even had the dry heaves.

Thanks for all your support I'll keep you posted.

Sunset, what form of pill did you take? Was it capsule or what and did you crush it?

There have been people here having problems w/ meds getting stuck in the pouch.

Before I had a band, I took some pill for something and it got stuck part way down and I got really shaky and then hot and then sick and almost passed out! Then I layed down on the cold tile on the bathroom floor until I could move and I drank some Water and began to feel better but weird for a while after.

If your Doc can check and make sure there isn't a pill stuck, that would be good.

If you crushed it to powder, or emptied the contents of a capsule into liquid, then this wouldn't be your problem.

Thanks, It was liquid pain med. I get nervous thinking that it was my sugar. I've never had sugar problems before. I'm looking forward to talking to him tomorrow about this.