Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you look like in your dreams?

I mean this quite literally. How long did it take you to stop picturing yourself very fat in your dreams?

I keep having these dreams that I m thin and healthy. I am wearing cute little jeans or high heals. About every 4th dream I am more obese that I ever was.

Last night I was hiding behind my beautiful friends for a picture because I was SO ashamed of how big I was.

I wonder what this says about my self image. Is anyone else's mind playing tricks on them?

Yes, I picture myself the same way. I am obese in all my dreams. When I picture a certain senario I am also obese.

Give yourself the time to adjust. It took me forever to not go directly to the "Plus" section when shopping in department stores. Then, when I would redirect myself to the "normal" section, I would feel as if people were thinking I should not be in that department. Just takes awhile.

Just wait till you start wearing your skinny jeans everyday and start looking at that slimmer image in the mirror and know it's here to stay.

Fat-Nerd-computer.jpg

Fat-Nerd-computer.jpg

I was all set for a great answer… then I read down…

I can’t remember what I planned to say. At all.

I was all set for a great answer… then I read down…

I can’t remember what I planned to say. At all.

I'm sorry. The OP is gonna hate me for ruining her topic. :)

I actually have the opposite problem (please don't hate me!). I was stick thin for most of my life. I WAS one of those people I know hate who could eat anything and not gain weight. So I always dream skinny. Hopefully someday it will be true again!! Maybe then I will dream of myself fat (man I hope not!). Of course i have been stuck at this weight for a while now and it is getting really frustrating!!!!

btreiger: Sorry, no offence, but I could do w/o the picture! It's bad enough to have to see my own fat body w/o seeing another's. Guess I'm getting too old & set in my ways.

btreiger: Sorry, no offence, but I could do w/o the picture! It's bad enough to have to see my own fat body w/o seeing another's. Guess I'm getting too old & set in my ways.

Print it out and stick it on the refrigerator to remind you why you not to cheat. :)

Too funny! :)

I actually never saw myself as fat. I knew it on some level but usually I managed to look, without actually seeing. Which is why I always felt shattered when I saw a picture.

As I lost weight, I gradually grew to look more and more like what I saw in my head. Now the pictures almost match, although I think I've gone the other way and imagine myself fatter than what I am.

LMFAO ............ I know what you mean about forgetting what you were going to say. That pic kinda throws you off track.

I usually just see myself somewhere in the middle in my dreams, but for a long time, I had the same dream over and over and over...

I was riding in the back seat of a small car on a winding mountain road, much like the roads I drive every day. You know, the tiny back seats that no adult can really fit in well. I would start feeling very claustrophobic. I would start saying, "stop the car. I have to get out. Stop the car! Pull over! let me out! " I would wake up sweating and feeling so claustrophobic. It was hard to go back to sleep.

I am happy to say that dream has not returned since being banded.

I really do think I was having that dream because I was feeling so obese.

Edited by Humming Bird
spelling

I have never been thin in real life. Ever. Even as a child I was quite heavy. And yet, in every single dream I've ever had I've always been thin. Not stick thin, but normal.

What an interesting question! When learning a new language, they say that you know you have truly become bilingual when you dream in the other language--it's part of you finally. Hmm...makes you think...

I'm sure our self-image is something that's quite complex--and probably mostly subconscious. Another interesting question is "How old do you see yourself in your dreams?" (not to hijack your post).

For me, I've never seen myself as being fat (even at my highest weight). I'm always a normal weight in my dreams.