Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction whatsoever!

Cocoabean - Thanks for the info. and a different way to look at this. Your right, my pre-op was like a crash diet. It does make sense thinking of it that way.

Elfiepoo - Wow - 9 weeks and 3 fills - I am jeolous. I am also having issues with my thyroids. That is another reason I have had to wait for my fills. I have 2 mass on my thyroids and the biospy came back showing a cell that could or could not be cancerous. So I still have more test to do. I think Dr. Duncan will adjust my band according to me, but I honestly am not sure. I will know Friday at 9am, because I will be asking when I can come back for another fill. Thanks for the 411. I will be more aggressive it needed. I am kinda a professional at that:angel_smile:. LOL.

Both of you keep up the great work.:smile2:

Hey Moma,

Glad to help!

As to the thyroid issue. Total bummer! Always nice to hear that "your test results show that it may or may not be cancer!" I went through the biopsy thing on my thyroid. No fun. My tumor was benign and just a mass of thyroid tissue that quits taking signals from the body to turn off and stop growing. I ended up being hyper-thyroid (too much hormone in my system) and was was treated with radiation to kill off the gland. Now I don't have enough and have to take a supplement everday. This treatment was not bad, feel free to PM me if you need/want info.

I think that now I am a bit low on the thyroid levels again and my weight loss has stalled (plus I am near to my goal and I am not working as hard at it as I could be). I have an appointment in March to get it checked.

If it is cancer, thyroid cancer is one of the easier ones to treat.

I hope all goes well with that and with your fills!!

Denise

I feel so much better after reading these posts, I had my surgery December 14 and have lost 13 lbs since then. Same thing with me, IM STARVNG..lol. I feel that I can eat anything without much restriction. My first fill is Jan 27th, I was told that with the first fill I would feel little restriction and that the second one would make things alot better. I guess we just need to remember why we did this in the first place, we have to try and stay devoted & motivated and do what we can to get through this time period, as much as it sucks!!:) WE CAN DO IT!!!!

I am 8 weeks post op and no fill til Tuesday due to Dr. scheduling and mine. I have had some really bad times of being hungry but what I found was when my tummy said it was hungry I would drink some Water to help in between meal times and it would satisfy the hunger. Bandster Hell sucks but we can trick our tummies one way or another. And making sure we get our 60-70 grams of protein.:cursing:

Elizabeth

I am in the same boat. I had surgery December 30th. I'm down 18 pounds, but now I am between 15-18 pounds lost. I am hungry about every 2 hours, and by that I mean my tummy growling. I try not to give into it every time, and head hunger is killing me. I will admit, I have not been making the best food choices, which I am regretting. But dinner tonight is a time to get back on the wagon. And thankfully I get a fill on Wednesday. Hang in there! We can do this!!!

I got my first fill this week so hoping and praying this does it so far so good, but due to the swelling I have restriction and the doc said my port still had a small amount of swelling which I thought for almost 9 weeks was odd, but he said it was normal. He has the Phd not me.

Oh man, so glad this post is here. Its been three weeks since I was banded, and like all you I felt the same way....I was eating normally. I wasnt overeating, but could tolerate more food than I thought I should. Thanks for all the posts. I feel so much better knowing this is normal till my first fill. Whew, I was worried there for a while....

Is it normal for your tummy to growl a lot--I mean make a lot of noise even when you're not hungry? I have the most "ridiculous" noises now that I never had before. My husband looks at me and asks "Are you hungry--AGAIN?" and I just say "No, I don't know why my tummy's being so impolite." Any ideas anyone?

Is it normal for your tummy to growl a lot--I mean make a lot of noise even when you're not hungry? I have the most "ridiculous" noises now that I never had before. My husband looks at me and asks "Are you hungry--AGAIN?" and I just say "No, I don't know why my tummy's being so impolite." Any ideas anyone?

LOL nice post-op surprise, eh? We talked about this in group before I had my surgery so I knew to expect it, but WOW is it loud! I have no idea what makes it growl so loudly (even when you're not hungry!), but it is very common.

I was banded December 16 and have had two fills. A few days after the first fill my apetite (and capacity) came back. I watched it and continued to lose, but I struggled more than I imagined I would. My second fill was Monday, and I became terribly sick a little while after, threw up for two days straight and had to go back in to have half of it removed. Even after that I was still pretty nauseous but I waited and today I am feeling much better. As to the gurgling sound, that was the first warning that my band was too tight; when I drank a tiny sip of Water after the fill, my throat gurgled. I find my stomach gurgles now when I'm hungry and also when food is passing through the band!

LOL nice post-op surprise, eh? We talked about this in group before I had my surgery so I knew to expect it, but WOW is it loud! I have no idea what makes it growl so loudly (even when you're not hungry!), but it is very common.

Oh, geez, I hope this is not a forever thing, but still the weight loss is worth it.

BTW, I changed my scale and got a newer one, and it read a few pounds higher than my old one, but I am still losing, so I'm happy!

weight.png:)