Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what's wrong with me?????????????

i had a fill 2 weeks ago of 2cc in a 4cc band. When i'm upset i can feel the restriction and when i lay down. i want to know how you can hurt your band. I know that i'm eating way to much. I'm still trying to figure out feeling full. My doctor wants me to eat three small meals a day. I know that if you don't eat enough your body will hold on to its stores and you don't lose weight. I need some help. I have not lost any more weight i go up and down between 3 and 4 pounds. Can someone help me. I think i need my jaw wired next.

thank you :(:(:(:)

Don't wire your jaw please. It took me 4 fills before I started really feeling restriction. You have to stay on top of them. If you can still eat a lot you need a fill. As for the not eating enought calories, if you do it long enough you will lose no matter what. Are you ding any exercising. I would schedule a fill and start exercising and you will see the pounds go quickly again. I'm at 2.9 in my 4 cc band and know that I will need another fill in a few months. I waited months with no restriction, thinking this surgery was a total waste...you just have to get the fills right and you will start losing weight. Please keep your head up and keep us updated...

Kim

Yes, it's all about the fills. my first fill wasn't enough but I thought I had to wait and tried to do it on my own, being upset about the surgery!! Well, I went for my 2nd fill and I am feeling better and I'm sure the weight will start coming off. I know it's depressing, but we are here for you. You might be a slow loser...join us turtles!!!

man, I felt like i was the only one with this problem... I thought I had stretched my puch or the band had slipped or something... 5th week out now, definetly need a fill I think.

are you following bandster rules - Protein first, then vegs, carbs last

small bites, etc? Drinking your Water.

I know that I haven't been diligent about it and it shows. I'm hovering around the same 3-4 pounds up and down for over a month.

its been really difficult to follow the diet exactly, since I go to university and spend all my day on campus, but I've been finding aspects of meals that I can eat. ie. instead of eating a grilled chicken sandwich, I forgoe the bun and order extra Tomato. or I get chinese and get the beef with broccoli with no rice.

I drink so much Water... I go through almost a gallon a day. I wake up in the middle of the night parched, so I keep a big bottle on my nightstand. Does that happen to you?

My downfall is that I get hungry every 3 hours and it takes a lot to get rid of the pangs. i also work out every other day for 1-2 hours. but My clothes keep getting looser even if the scale isn't showing a loss...

Hey Mocean

(since this thread has been officially hi-jacked, anyway) I thought I would warn you - constant thirst is a symptom of diabetes. Go to your PCP and have your blood-sugar levels checked.

My DH had it for a long time but did not know. Other symptoms were constant need to urinate, mood swings, nausea.

If you are really drinking a gallon of Water a day and waking up thirsty, I would get that checked out.

:]

Rene- all clear on that point, just had a series of tests last week. no problems. :D

i think its more because i'm working out a lot more than i used to, sweating.... and not drinking diet coke, which i used to drink as though it was Water...

My downfall is that I get hungry every 3 hours and it takes a lot to get rid of the pangs. i also work out every other day for 1-2 hours.

Getting hungry every 3 hours is pretty NORMAL :D especially if you are working out as much as you say. I know that on the two days I officially work-out hard I eat more than 1000 calories, I'll usually go up to 1200 or so.

...My clothes keep getting looser even if the scale isn't showing a loss...
WOOT! This means that you are putting on muscle mass! That is EXCELLENT work on your part!

Go to your fitness/wellness center, if your school has one, and ask for a fitness assesment. This will be really helpful for you on several levels!