Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Southern California

Hi everyone. I'm new to this website, but not to the idea of WLS. I have seen the same surgeon twice before and both times was timid to have surgery. This time is different as is my outlook on my life. I want to have children and can't do that unless I lose the weight. I have tried diets with not much success. I'm looking forward to taking my journey to weight loss for the ultimate goal of being healthy enough to have children. I have a blog that I'm going to use to record my progress. I will post it at another time. I look forward to reading the threads and learning about everyone's stories.

Spaz

Hi Spaz from Northern California!

Welcome to LBT. J Do not worry about the surgery. It’s one of the easiest I’ve ever gone through. I’ve had several major stomach area surgeries and this one was a breeze.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! All the best.

Hey Spaz,

Where in southern California are you?

Welcome to LBT. There are lots of nice, knowledgeable people here with lots of support to give.

Keep in touch so we know how things go for you, and good luck!

Hi Serenity. I live in the San Fernando Valley, close to you .

I'm excited about doing this. I have seen Dr. Q twice before in the last four years about having surgery but always chickened out. This will be my third time going through the whole first appointment process again, but I'm leaving with an appointment for the psych.

My PCP is totally thrilled that I have committed to doing the surgery. My ultimate goal for weight loss is so I can get pregnant. But I'm willing to wait for that and be healthy.

Perhaps we will meet some time in the near future seeing as how we have the same surgeon.

Spaz, good for you! Dr. Quilici was wonderful, and there are quite a few of his patients on this site. In the social groups there is one called Banded Around Burbank.

There are support groups every month, which you may or may not know about.

The surgery was a piece of cake for me and I'm a big chicken when it comes to needles.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll be happy to help if I can. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches