Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 14, 2009 Bandsters...where are you?!

Lets do this!

weight.png

Yes!! I'm so excited, nervous, anxious all in one. I go for my Pre-Op visit on January the 4th and I'll find out my date for surgery that day. I'm going for the 21st of January. I don't want to mess this up , I've been going to appoinments and through insurance set backs for over a year. Thank God I finally got approved!!! I'll pray for everyone up here that we stick with it and go forward with our lives. Have you started your pre-op diet? What did it consist of? Keep me updated on what you go through and how you feel.

Kharissa :thumbup:

Yes!! I'm so excited, nervous, anxious all in one. I go for my Pre-Op visit on January the 4th and I'll find out my date for surgery that day. I'm going for the 21st of January. I don't want to mess this up , I've been going to appoinments and through insurance set backs for over a year. Thank God I finally got approved!!! I'll pray for everyone up here that we stick with it and go forward with our lives. Have you started your pre-op diet? What did it consist of? Keep me updated on what you go through and how you feel.Kharissa :thumbup:

I have been soooo fortunate, my process started in September and got my surgery date about 3 months later. I can only pray everything continues to go as smoothly. I start my preop on January 4 :thumbup: and I am more scared of that than of anything else. I will definitly keep you posted anad you please do the same! I am adding you to my friends list. Take Care.

Checking in! My pre-op visit going on right now!

Checking in! My pre-op visit going on right now!

ok..thats funny! Well, my fingers are crossed that all goes well!

ok..thats funny! Well, my fingers are crossed that all goes well!

I was on the blackberry secretly:biggrin: Pre-op went well--all kinds of test and reminders. I have to go pre-register at the hospital on the 11th and report at 6:00am on the 14th for surgery!! I have to go back for special session with dietician to go over pre and post op diet. Hard to believe only 17 days:w00t:

thats great! I have to be there at 5:30...holy moly thats early! I guess thats good though...we should be the first surgeries of the day...the doc's should be all rested and at their very best. And on schedule I might add!

Hi , My date is Jan. 14th!

Hi and welcome! We are getting close. This site is great and helps with nerves. I do not know about anyone else, but I am anxious, nervous, excited all rolled up in one. :unsure: I am on Day 4 of pre-op diet--been okay, but I go back to work tomorrow, so that is when I know it will get more difficult because I remember to eat/drink every 2hrs so it helps me not be hungry when I am home. At work (I am assistant principal) do not get to focus on me like that, but I will stick to it. Anyone else doing a pre-op diet? Hang in there, as I always say, We can do this:thumbup:

I am getting banded in Los Angeles 1/14. I am excited and my friend is getting banded on 1/20. I just started liquids today...but I havent been put on a very restrictive diet pre-op. They said just the week prior to do liquids. I also smoke and was going to quit but they told me if I havent quit for 6 months prior, dont quit since there will be too many secretions in my lungs (?!). I aim to quit right after surgery.

i started 10 day preop today...and suprsingly enough, I am not starving! i drank my juice and i had 2 of the EAS shakes and crystal light during the day and then tonight i am having chicken broth seasoned with rotell tomatoes ( i just strained out the tomatoes...it is quite yummy!) and for dessert I am thinking a SF fudgesicle and possibly some Jello too. For me, the workdays are going to be easier because I am more structured. This weekend is going to be rough, we are always on the go. I have a friends birthday party at Buffalo Wild Wings this Saturday. How in the world am I gonna do that??? i just dont know if I can make it. And then Monday I start my clear liquids...uuuugh. How are you guys holding up?

Hi guys! I am scheduled for my surgery on the 15th but no one replied to my post, so may I join yours?? :smile2:

I started my pre-op diet yesterday. And I can't believe how great I feel. The SLIGHT hunger pains are nothing compared to how crappy I would feel previously when I overate. It's crazy what we do to our bodies. I am learning to ignore the "head hunger" which previously ruled my life.

Here's my pre-op diet:

I am drinking a Protein shake for Breakfast and dinner and a lean cuisine for lunch. I can have a green salad with only the spray dressing if I get hungry and a SF popsicle for dessert. I had the salad yesterday but didn't even need the popsicle. My shakes are pretty yummy and satisfy my need for "sweet."

I am having surgery in Tijuana, MX. Anyone else going there?

Have you all stocked up on clear broths yet? I am going out today to do that...

weight.png

Edited by mandyfsc
put my ticker in

Have you all stocked up on clear broths yet? I am going out today to do that...

I have bought some and the unjury chicken Soup flavor you just add to warm Water.

My shakes are not so yummy:frown: because I am drinking EAS Carb Advantage or mixing the Protein mix in Water because fat and carbs are restricted. I got a new scale Sunday, so if it is accurate, I am on day 6 and have dropped 15lbs! :biggrin:My motivation to keep going. I have to admit, the pre-op has been better than I thought. Only 8 more days to go!:smile2:

Had preop visit yesterday ready for the 14th! Can't wait till post op!

Hope everything went well--same here