Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills is China or Korea?

Recently banded and I'll be moving to Dalian, China soon! I'm excited about the move, and I'll be traveling to the US often, but I'd like to know of any clinics in northeastern China or South Korea that anyone could recommend so I don't have to travel quite so far every time I might need an adjustment.

Thanks!

I have only found a few fill places in the biggest cities so actually the one you recommended in Korea is still much closer with that short little plane hop.

Thanks again for all the info!

I'm moving to China soon and need to find a Fill Dr. Shanghai will be my closest city. Do you have any information you could pass on?

Any info would be appreciated.

I'm also living in China and need to find a Doctor for fills - Shanghai is also my nearest major city. I found a Doctor/Professor searching the net who does the surgery at the Shanghai Changhai Hospital so am hoping he will be able to do my fills. Obviously the language is my biggest barrier at the moment and just making an appointment is turning out to be harder than expected - Google translate can only get me so far! I'm thinking of just heading to the hospital on the days he's meant to be there and camping out until he sees me - I think he does have another doctor/protege who works with him who speaks a little English but after some correspondence with him - suddenly it's all gone a bit quiet! Bariatric Surgery is still quite new here (although this is changing at a rapid rate), throw in the lost in translation language and how things are just generally harder to organise here in China and this is why I'm choosing to have my surgery elsewhere. The fills are another matter of course and I'd prefer to have someone close by - but if I end up having to fly elsewhere for a fill - then so be it!

Love to hear from anyone else in and around China who are experiencing the same problems....I mean experience / journey as I - and then we can share stories and information and help each other locate good fill Doctors nearer to us while still smiling and trying to remain sane. blink.gif

smile.gif Have a Great Day!

We've been here in Dalian over a year and I did eventually find a great surgeon. He names is Dr. Li and he is normally based in Hong Kong but travels around 2 times a month to Beijing to the International SOS clinic there. He has been fantastic through maintenance fills and through an ulcer issue. I imagine finding someone in Shanghai or Beijing won't be too problematic, but might take some digging.

Also, chicken dishes often contain cartilage and my band HATED that (and it was stupid for me to even try to finish the dish I had), so be aware if you don't have someone for emergencies, it can be a bit scary!

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need anything!