Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

officially sick of liquid diet

Okay I'm officially BORED on liquids. Yesterday I only got in 380 calories, but 50 grams of protien. But I'm officially tired of shakes. Its not even that I'm hungry. Thats what everyone at the gym keeps asking "Aren't ya starving, I'd be starving?!?" But I'm not really hungry either. I'm guess the protien is doing that. I am at the point I"m having to say...okay need to take in more protien drink.

I also think I over did it this morning at the gym. Took the salsa class, it was alot of fun....but too much hips and my lower stomach area is KILLING me now. I did 45 minutes in the class and left when they were doing cool down ball exercises (ball exercises almost always mean AB work) and went and cool down 15 minutes on the treadmill.

Gotta go force down another protien drink...and should I be trying to do less protien per shake and more calories? Courtney or Angie, do you know? I'm starting to worry about how little calories I'm taking in...isn't that a hoot LOL. I think preband I was eating as many calories in a day as I now eat in like 4-5 days!

Melissa

IT WILL BE OVER BEFORE YOU KNOW IT(liquid stage)! It is great that you are in the gym so soon after surgery. You are truly inspiring! I am going to join a gym today. Way to motivate!

Thanks Dee

I was at the gym alot BEFORE surgery....I can't recomend it enough. I think I've had such an easy recovery from surgery simply because I had exercised before surgery. I was up exercising (slowly of course) the night of surgery...I kept telling the nurses because I was going in circles around the floor that I was doing qualifying laps. (we are in nascar country! LOL) After I got home I was walking every 2 hours for 10 minutes then working up to 35 minutes by 4 days out. I say to all of those that are looking to be banded in the near future...start your exercise plan now you won't be sorry. I"m itching to get back to the weights. I did start doing some arm exercises with my 3lb hand weights...but it doesn't seem to do a thing.

Melissa

I need to just get moving period. I am losing weight just fine but I know I need to do weight resistance and cardio. I joined our local gym here today...Pray for me! LOL

I want to be like you when I grow up lol.(even though I am older than you now LOL)

Hey Melissa,

Sounds like you are doing fine. Just as long as you are getting in that 48 grams of Protein I think you are good. They never talked about calories with me, only Protein.< /p>

Keep up that exercise! I wish we were closer so we could go work out together. I need some motivation right now too. Just found out that our company holiday party is on the 2nd of December! That is right around the corner! I can't believe how fast it is coming. I wanted to be in a size 16 dress by then but I don't think I am going to make it. I need to start working harder. Seems like my weight is at a stand still and wont go anywhere. Come on Melissa give me some motivation!!!! You rock doing Salsa already!

Ok you are doing great keep it up Melissa! How much have you lost?

Angie

Way to go Melissa!

<a href=banana.gif" />banana.gifbanana.gif

The thing to remember with exercise is do something you like, if you hate it you won't do it. If you are going to the gym don't panic if you can't do as much as you like the first day or even the second. When I first started going to the gym two years ago I could only do about 5 minutes on the elliptical. I thought my legs were going to fall off. It's my favorite now. I also recomend that you buy a heart rate monitor...those machines ones aren't always accurate. Proform prand is a good brand.

With weight lifting don't worry about becoming bulky....not likely to happen...at least not easily. The best way to work your weights up to be able to lift heavier weight is to do decreasing sets. Say you leg press 250...do 12 at 250...then drop it down to the next level which is 230...do 12 more.....then drop down to 210 and do 12 more. When those start getting "easy" up your first weight. You will be amazed at how fast you will progress. At the end of your last set you should feel muscle fatigue...basically don't think you can do 12 more. If you feel like you can do more...then its probally time to up your weights. Also with weights how fast you do the motion has alot to do with how good a work out you get. Try to take 1.5-2 seconds on the upward or outward motion and do a very controled 2.5-3 second back down or in. The absolute best thing for toning and sculpting is pilates. I hope to get back into it in the next couple of months. The first couple sessions will be terrible! I know the first time I did pilates, my abs hurt for 4 days!

Angie...you are doing great with the weight loss. Just step up whatever exercise you are doing...add 10 minutes a day...or up the intensity a bit. I bet your body is just adjusting...mine seems to do that about every 20lbs when I'm dieting. I've lost 21lbs since my consult with Dr. Bauman....and 13lbs since surgery (Thats my scale...since i forgot to pay attention to what it said at the dr. office when i went...lol).

Melissa

Excellent Melissa! That is awesome! Keep up the great work.

I went to the Y tonight and did 30 minutes on the Eliptical. It was fun. I love that machine too. I need to get back into pilates and work it so we shall see. :(

Angie

They have one in Clover. Off of route 55. It is a small one but I love it that way. You get to know the girls there and they are such sweethearts. Nice place to work out. You should join me sometime?

Angie

Ah how clover has grown. I work out at the Y on 49 at 485. And starting tomorrow I also work there :). I have a metro membership...but I'm pretty sure clovers isn't a part of that membership. I may be able to use the "away" feature to use clovers facilities occassionally...don't know..will have to check.

Melissa