Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2005 Bandsters

I was banded on August 8th and wonder how others are doing and if they have experienced any of the same things. I am thrilled with my band and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have lost 41 pounds as of today and feel so much better already.

1) It seems at times that the band is tighter than others.

2) Sometimes when I am sitting it is hard for food to go down. Wonder if this is because my underwire hits about the same place as the band

3) I am almost never hungry! I forget to eat most of the time. This is a VERY different feeling for me!

4) Have already experienced the chest pain and having to throw up -- taught me not to eat things I shouldn't!

5) Hard to find things to eat when I am traveling a lot -- any suggestions

Great things:

1) Knees and feet and ankles already feel better and allow me to walk 45 minutes five days a week -- couldn't do that before surgery without hurting the rest of the day and night

2) Blood pressure went from 150/92 to 120/72 as of last Wednesday. I don't have to go on blood pressure medicine

3) I don't think about food, because I always pretty much feel full all the time

I am thankful to God for this opportunity and cannot wait to get the rest of this weight off. I wish you all the same success.

Deby

Dr. Barker, Dallas, TX

286/145 Goal 150

I was banded Aug. 29th. I have lost 28 pounds so far. I haven't had a fill yet. I feel much better. I haven not had arthrits medicine since my surgery. I haven't had trouble with any food so far. The amazing thing for me is that I don't have the urge to snack all the time. I am starting to like my band.

I feel like I should have lost more by now. I started at 197 - now 182. I have had one fill so far.

What am I doing wrong??

I was banded August 29th and so far I have lost 31lbs. I am getting hungrier now, so I think it is time for my first fill. I have been averaging about a 4lb a week weight loss. I feel much better and walking is so much easier for me. I am in the process of joining a gym. I love this band. Even though I am eating more it is still a LONG way from what I would normally eat. I eat about a third of what I ate pre-band. I love my band. Hopefully I will have lost 9lbs by the end of this month to bring me to 40lbs gone. That ain't too shabby for not being filled and 2 months post op. I am so happy everyone is doing great. JLUthien just keep at it you will lose. Some people lose faster than others. You may need another fill. It takes time to get good restriction I have heard. Fortunately for me my surgeon stiched some of my stomach over my band to anchor it he said this added extra restriction for me so it was like I got a fill without saline. I have faith in you. You are doing nothing wrong. Just make good food choices and consult with your Dietician. You will suceed.

Hello everyone.

Well I was banded on august 29th. I have lost 30 pounds. WOO HOO!

I just had my first fill on Friday. I have some restriction i think.

I can not wait to see what the next few months bring. I too love my band!

Amy

I feel like I should have lost more by now. I started at 197 - now 182. I have had one fill so far. What am I doing wrong??

Nothing -- you've lost 15 lbs. I've dropped 14 since banding. I think some people lose faster than others. I know once I started eating normal food that I had no restriction at all; the first fill did almost nothing so now I'm going in for a 2nd fill. Do you have good restriction with that first fill?

Average weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week, so we're doing just fine! Keep plugging away and those pounds will add up. smile.gif And know that you're not alone on the slow losing!

I was banded August 3rd. I have lost a grand total of 40 pounds (app 7 before surgery). I have had one fill of one cc, and hope to have at least one more at my next appt on Dec 1st. I have some restriction, but can still eat way too much! What is everyone doing about exercise? I have been doing the WATP videos- the 2, 3, or 4 mile tape depending on the day. I have to really psych myself up to do it though, and usually only am successful 3-4 days a week- some weeks are better than others.

Yay, down another couple pounds!

For exercise: hey, I'm doing the WATP videos too! So far I do the Walk & Kick and the 3-mile (although I only make it to 2 miles usually). Or I go to the gym and do the elliptical trainer for 30 min. I'm slowly working up my endurance.

I was banded on 8/25 and am down 24 lbs. My scale hasn't moved in weeks!!! But at least it ain't goin' up, right? I got my 1st fill on the 8th of this month and it didn't do a darn thing as I haven't lost anything since. I have noticed I'm falling out of all my clothes though, I'm down about 3 szs now, so I guess it is doing something! :) I'm going in for a 2nd fill soon and hopefully that will provide the restriction I need.

Hi everyone,

I have lost 37 or 38 lbs, but most of that was the first month. It has really slowed down now. Maybe one lb. a week now if I'm lucky. I have had one fill of 2.0cc and will be going back this friday to get another fill. I hope it gives me some restriction.