Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had an unfill, now I'm gaining....

Ok, my last thread was about the pains I was going through with my fill making my band too tight. Cause I was PBing, and Sliming, and throwing everything I ate back up. Anyway, I went in and got an unfill and now I have gained 4lbs.

I only eat 1/4 - 1/2 of food with each meal--- so I'm not overdoing it. I just don't understand why have gained so much. The Dr. only removed .3 cc's and I don't need anything added back. I feel this may be good amount of Fluid for me but why am I gaining????

could be swelling, could be hormonal, could be that your body is storing due to you being sick not too long ago. 4lbs could be a multitude of things, check with your Dr and see what they think.

You mentioned Portion Control but are you still working out? If so it could be muscle mass, or if could be lbs put on from not exercising like you should.

Too many variables here to be able to say.

I feel this may be good amount of Fluid for me but why am I gaining????

Teacher,

A sudden weight gain could mean you're just holding more Water weight (possibly close to your menstrual cycle?) or just too much salt the day before or the scale gods are just messing with you.

If you've been exercising and working out a lot, it could be you're buildilng muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Don't let it get to you. Just keep on with what you're doing. If your caloric intake and caloric output are the same as they were before the unfill, you'll start losing again (assuming you were losing before the unfill).

Hang in there.

teacher maybe you were dehydrated from being too tight and you just regained back to normal how much did you lose in that 'episode'? I lost 10 lbs in two weeks - I fluctuate sometimes I am up two lbs from that others I am back down to the 10lbs down but its probably just from the original dehydration.

Hmarko- You may have a point. During my "episode" I lost 17 lbs (in 3 weeks) so it was quite dramatic. There definitely could have been a level of dehydration as I wasn't able to tolerate much.

I feel as though I am at a good stage right now. I am sooo happy I had the unfill. I can actually eat dinner with my family and have a spoon of veggies, starch and a portion of Protein. I haven't been able to do that in ages.

Hopefully over the next couple of days I will see a decrease now that I have increased the exercise routine. We will see???

Yea I'm glad I got an unfill too. Funny was that the unfill ran RIGHT into PMS and I spiked up to 2000 cals a day instantly -but now I am back down. (weird sometimes I am tight during TOM other times I am ravenous during the PMS part).

Don't beat yourself up if we lose 10 lbs a month that is great. I will be happy if I stay here or at 8 lbs. i doubt I will be getting much fill on my next appt now that i guess they are 'honing' in. Aside for the 5 days of 2000 cals a day now I feel its just right. I got back for my monthly on Jan 5.

I am getting a lot of bruising I need to mention this i heard something about women getting anemic. I horseback ride religiously and suddenly I am getting marks on my thigh where the stirrup leather may put some pressure. THIS never happened its been going on for about 3 weeks now.

Mimi I 'm thinking it isn't due to blood thinner, because it just started happening and I'm 3.5 months post op - I got back on a horse 4 weeks later. Thanks for the compliment it is such a passion of mine. In fact what got my to the point of getting the surgery was my mare had a baby that I delivered and raised - and he got very sick early this year and I had to put him down (He was not 4 years old yet). It was devastating to me but that got me to that 40 BMI and forced me to take a hard look and do this lap band. (I have been overweight all my life more or less but this was a new high and I wasn't getting it off).

I thought the bruises were a one off but they seem to keep happening. I go back to doc on Jan 5 I'll mention it.

I am proud to say that I have lost those unwanted 4 lbs. YEAH!!! After being banded with Chrissy (my band's name) for 5 months I am actually at a good place.

I am looking forward to 2010 & I hope the weight continues to drop! Good luck to us all.

I am proud to say that I have lost those unwanted 4 lbs. YEAH!!! After being banded with Chrissy (my band's name) for 5 months I am actually at a good place.

I am looking forward to 2010 & I hope the weight continues to drop! Good luck to us all.

I have lost the 2 lbs PLUS another 4 this week. Crazy.... I have been exercising a lot because I haven't been working. I am naturally way more active then. I have to go back to doc on Jan 5 but I do not need a fill no way.