Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LOL -- it's all good, no worries. And I didn't think that you were rude either, I was just trying to point out that a post that one persons sees as "nervy" might actually just be someone just trying to be helpful. And it might be that the original post raised a red flag for someone and they are sincerely concerned about the OP's wellbeing ... and that could hardly be considered nervy or rude, wouldn't you agree? Sure, there are nice ways to phrase things, and not so nice ways to phrase things -- but not everyone has a really good grasp on the written word, and they come across as short or what have you.

Knowing that their opinion about something having to do with lapband surgery/surgeons/etc might be seen as "nervy" might not exactly fill them with enthusiasm to jump right in there and share it again in the future, and I personally think that would be a shame.

I agree with u happy holidays

oh and by the way since ur doctor is an idiot did u change ur doctor??? how do u feel when he or se tries to tell u something. It sounds like u had a bad experience do u care to share it maybe I can learn from it:thumbup:

It's a long story, and would probably bore you to death, lol, but to answer your question, due to insurance and timing issues, I didn't have time to switch doctors before my surgery. And no, I don't feel all that confident in what my doctor or his assistant tell me. His office has proven itself incompetent, and frankly, it is run like a lapband mill. I feel like I had a number branded on my tookus, and then kicked down a chute.

I think he is probably a very skilled surgeon, but that's as far as I am willing to go .. and since the surgery is over, I'm not planning to go any further. Once I get through these first few weeks, I will be looking for a new surgeon... and btw, I'll happily take any suggestions for doctors in the Mobile or Montgomery, Alabama area!

My first fill was 4ccs and I'm now at 7.5ccs after the foruth fill. I haven't felt anything until the last two days. (Filled last week) All of a sudden, I am really having to watch myself. Chewing even more slowly and smaller bites than before. I guess I have finally gotten my restriction. Hope it lasts for awhile.

As for doctors. I have worked with many many doctors thru the years of being a nurse. Some are idiots, true, but others are wonderful men/women with caring and concern for their patients. Some are learning doctors in that if they don't know something they will seek advice or hit the medical books again. Some are God-like in their attitudes and think they are the ONLY one that knows anything. It's important to ask your doctor questions and learn about your own body . If you blindly follow your doctor, then you reap whatever he comes up with for you. Build a trusting relationship with your doctor and if you don't have one...by all means, go find another one. They aren't perfect but they are all we have.

Edited by LollyMoe

Well said, LollyMoe! I am most comfortable with a doctor who really listens to my concerns, trusts me to know my own body, and who respects me as an intelligent and individual human being, not just another number.

Edited by zobee
typo. so much for being an intelligent human being, lol!

dowhatitdo1,

I honestly do not think I would be a good mentor for you since I have just recently gotten back on the "band wagon" I would however really love to have somebody to be band buddies with! Originally I lost 98 pounds within the first year but then had a huge fight with my dr. and just quit. I gave up on myself and the process and in 10 months gained all but 2 pounds back. I searched far and wide for another dr who would treat me but nobody wants to deal with someone elses' band patient in this area.

So about a month and a half ago I called his office and said I needed to come in. Before he even opened his mouth I told him how I felt, what I would and wouldn't put up with and that if he couldn't treat me properly I would be leaving and never coming back. Since then he has been very pleasant and super helpful. I had to wait a month until I could get a fill under fluro (yesterday!) I was very diligent about sticking to the plan, measuring my food intake, and keeping active (everything I gave up for 10 months) and was able to lose 11 1/2 pounds on my own in three weeks.

Knowing that I was able to accomplish that on my own motivated me big time. I am so glad to have gotten a fill and couldn't think of a better way to stay on track than to have a buddy to keep me going! :tongue:

WOW has this thread gotten out of hand or what? Nobodies feelings were meant to be hurt here, and there is no reason to be sensitive.

All I meant in my post, which is what I wrote, is that I hope everything goes ok for you. plain and simple.

dowhatitdo1,

I honestly do not think I would be a good mentor for you since I have just recently gotten back on the "band wagon" I would however really love to have somebody to be band buddies with! Originally I lost 98 pounds within the first year but then had a huge fight with my dr. and just quit. I gave up on myself and the process and in 10 months gained all but 2 pounds back. I searched far and wide for another dr who would treat me but nobody wants to deal with someone elses' band patient in this area.

So about a month and a half ago I called his office and said I needed to come in. Before he even opened his mouth I told him how I felt, what I would and wouldn't put up with and that if he couldn't treat me properly I would be leaving and never coming back. Since then he has been very pleasant and super helpful. I had to wait a month until I could get a fill under fluro (yesterday!) I was very diligent about sticking to the plan, measuring my food intake, and keeping active (everything I gave up for 10 months) and was able to lose 11 1/2 pounds on my own in three weeks.

Knowing that I was able to accomplish that on my own motivated me big time. I am so glad to have gotten a fill and couldn't think of a better way to stay on track than to have a buddy to keep me going! :tongue:

just because u had a minor set back doesnt mean u cnt mentor me. we all make mistakes n maybe I could learn from u since im new here. its cool if u dnt want 2 mentor me we can be band buddies n support each other. keep up the hard work n stay encouraged

I would be glad to mentor you if you'll have me. At least I will be pretty well versed in the things you should def. not do. I have made a comittment to doing things the right way and plan to stick to it! Having you to guide on this journey will keep me honest! lol...good luck to us both!:)