Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in 2003...time for it to GO

Hello everyone! I am ready to be DE Banded! Who would you use to have it removed? I loved my doctor in Mexico...but after reading the latest posts...it sounds as if he has had a few UNSATISIFIED customers!

Anyone else planning on getting theirs removed? I would LOVE to have a buddy having the same procedure!

Why are you debanding if I may ask?

I don't mean to derail your thread... but can you please go into more details why it didn't work for you. Are you maxed out on fills and still hungry? Is it reflux and/or other discomfort? Is it some kind of band related problem? Something else? You can PM me if that would be better.... if you don't mind my question. Thanks

It's a fact that the band just does NOT work for everyone. It happens for a lot of reasons....bad surgeon, the wrong choice of surgeries.....could be a lot of things. But if you have had it in there since '03, and have done everything you can, well, it might be that it just wasn't right for you. Just make sure you have done all you can to make it work, and then move on.....

I am so grateful to find this forum, but kind of dismayed that every person who posts about wanting to remove their band is being grilled as to why. Maybe it straight up just doesn't work for some of us. Including me. I'd love mine removed and if anyone has any resources for less expensive venues to do so, I would love to hear it. I'd honestly like to sit down and eat a big salad, with lots of crunchy vegetables in it!

I have had at least 15 fills all under fluro. I get stuck sometimes (i.e. pita bread, mushrooms, etc) but I never get that "full feeling". I wish that I had used that $15000+ on a psychologist instead :frown: Anywho...like all of my failed attempts, I blame myself. I do not encourage any of my friends to get banded...but they do it anyway. Many of them have lost A LOT of weight...

I had mine removed in November. I know its too late to be your buddy but I'm here if you need anything!

Did you ever have it removed? I am having mine removed next month and insurance is paying for it.

Michele

I had mine taken out on the 4th so a little over a week ago and just let me say one thing....... WHA HOO!!!! I had my band put in 5/2/07 revision 12/18/07 revision 10/22/08 removal 5/4/10. Port flipped 3x tubing came apart 2x. Has anyone ever had this happen to them or ever hear of it??? I'm the only one in my docs office to have this happen. I know it's to late to be your buddy but if you wanna chat feel free.