Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Wraps

I had my surgery on Sept 8 and I am very proud to say that I have lost 23 pounds. It has been six weeks and the dr told me after 6 weeks I could excercise strenously. I wanted to join curves and I also wanted to do body wraps. Have any of you done the body wraps. Or is a waste of money$$$$$

I work at a salon that does body wraps and my knowledge of them has been

~You do lose inches

~ it detoxifies the body

~Results are like anything else. If you do diet and excersice~ watch what you eat~drink lost of Water it stays off. If you don't it will come back on.

The lady that does the body wraps has said that she has had someone lose as many as 17 inches before... but typically around 4 to 6(Thats a combind # of inches over the entire body. Results will deffinatly vary depending on how much weight you need to lose and if you do all the other lifestyle changes along with it.

The deffinate up side is it can't hurt to try a body wrap even if it is more for the relaxation.

I did them a couple of times way back in the day. I totally agree with Jamie. If you continue to eat healthy and exercise it'll be worth it. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my money.

Okay, I live in a pokey little town, and here I thought I was all up on the spa things... :) I had a wonderful spa day once in Calistoga CA .. Oh DEAR GOD! It was the most amazing thing. Part of that was an herbal wrap where I was slathered with hot oil after a massage and wrapped in saran wrap... IS this a wrap?

Okay, and now we know your secret Jamie!

I'm not sure Vines. I know that mine were things that literally looked like extremely long ace bandages. They were made out of material and soaked in this mineral stuff - and kept at a very high temperature in this heater thing, until she was ready to wrap me.

Then I stripped down to my skivies and bra and she started down at my ankles and wrapped all of the way up my legs, then did the same with my arms, and also my stomach and chest too. Then she put this plastic sweat suit type thing on me and I sat in a chair for about a half hour/hour and then she unwrapped me and I was soaking wet.

She always measured me before wrapping and also after, to see how many inches I had lost. It was really quite an amazing and relaxing time for me.

The woman can give some awesome facials too. I used to go when I still worked and could afford it. And because she was a customer of mine, she also gave me a discount on her services. We would sit there and talk about everything sometimes, and then other times she'd let me listen to soothing music.

I miss having that time to just pamper myself. Ok. I'm seriously going to start crying here.

Nope, that's not what I had done. Gee I wish I knew where I could get that done.

How long does it last, and how much do they run?

I'm trying to remember because it's been years ago. (Pre Dylan days) I think it lasts around an hour total, and the cost will vary. I think she gave me a huge discount because she was my customer and I was hers kind of thing.

I distantly remember her saying that they can run upwards of $100 in some salons/spas, depending on where you go. I would just call around and ask and they'll be able to give you a price. It may be cheaper or more.

Heh, silly me, I meant, how long do the results last? And would this be considered cheating for Nana~'s challenge? -- laughing my butt off, since nothing else seems to be working.--

The results last as long as you want them to. LOL If you keep exercising and eating right, they should keep lasting.

And I'm not so sure about the cheating part. You'd have to ask NaNa about that. LOL

Okay, I live in a pokey little town, and here I thought I was all up on the spa things... :( I had a wonderful spa day once in Calistoga CA .. Oh DEAR GOD! It was the most amazing thing. Part of that was an herbal wrap where I was slathered with hot oil after a massage and wrapped in saran wrap... IS this a wrap?

Okay, and now we know your secret Jamie!

Hey Vines... I'm full of secrets... Shhh Don't tell!!! LOL!!!

The wrap that you got Vines was deffinatly a way of doing a body wrap... the other way is with long stripes of gause (like ace bandages)

Like little sweet Kelly said!!! You explained it well Kelly!!! Either way it is relaxing and could definatly benefit you it lots of ways!

I have a comment about Curves. I was a member there and I think the money would be better spent at a regular gym. My reasoning is that your body gets used to the Curves routine (which never changes) and you don't push yourself further so it doesn't work to lose weight or tone after awhile when your body gets used to it. Just my opinion and experience. It's great to initially tone up but if you go faithfully it won't take a whole year to tone up (which is what they make you sign up for).

If you have a special event like a wedding or something. Its good. But a couple days later. You wont see a differance. Dont throw away your money.

Just my experience.

I have a comment about Curves. I was a member there and I think the money would be better spent at a regular gym. My reasoning is that your body gets used to the Curves routine (which never changes) and you don't push yourself further so it doesn't work to lose weight or tone after awhile when your body gets used to it. Just my opinion and experience. It's great to initially tone up but if you go faithfully it won't take a whole year to tone up (which is what they make you sign up for).

Did you mean to post this under the Curves post instead of Body Wraps?

Funny this came up yesterday because my mom always gives me her old issues of Women's World magazine and I have to tell you there is lots of useful and interesting information in these things! Anywho so I'm reading an old issue and AHA! There is an article printed this past May all about these new Mineral Body Wraps you all speak of with the mineral Water & ace bandages. They even give a recipe for a home wrap if anyone's interested I'll email it. But anywho they give a couple websites to check out to find out where you can get one done at - haven't checked it out yet but its www.suddenlyslender.com and www.slim-wrap.com.

Most of those lose inches wraps are for a temporary Loss. They help to detox. you but the inches you lose are mostly Water. So like someone already said they are great if you want to fit into a nice dress for something but do not bank on them having lasting results.

There are some great wraps out ther to do. I recomend getting a peppermint wrap. Usually places run those around that holidays. chocolate wraps are nice too. Scrubs are really great if you want nice soft skin.

Enjoy all that the spa has to offer!

Amy