Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My journey has begun!!

Well my journey has begun. I was banded on 12/18/09! I am a 33year old male. With 2 postponements because the Dr’s office did not inform me of their weight limit (300lbs). Yes, they have their own surgical suite in their building but you must weigh 300 lbs or less to have it done there. (That’s why it only cost $12,000, (I had to pay out of pocket) I lost 27lbs in 25 days. The worst part of all was I called a week after I made the surgery date to ask if I needed to diet prior to surgery. I was told no, just no big meals 3 days before surgery and eat lite the days leading up to the surgery date. So I said good-bye to all my favorite restaurants and my huge portions. The Friday before my scheduled surgery I got a call that there was an inner office problem and that the person who handles scheduling will call me Monday. I was wondering all weekend what could be wrong. I started reading and found out about shrinking your liver. When I got the call it was really a weight limit issue. I has allot of work to do! I was living off 3 Protein Shakes a day and maybe a salad to replace 1 drink and I made weight in 25 days. So I wasn’t sure if I was going to make weight so I didn’t have much time to be nervous about the surgery. Once I made weight, I only had 20 min till surgery so the nerves came on quick. Dr Wards staff was all very nice and comforting. During the procedure I began to lose more blood then they like so as a precaution I was rushed to Morristown hospital. Needless to say this put a good scare into my family and friends. With an 8-hour wait in the recovery room I finally got a room. I was in over night at the hospital for observation but was progressing fine. I was released Saturday morning just a few hours before that Nor’easter hit NJ. The biggest problem has been the GAS. I did not realize they pumped our inner cavity with gas during surgery. Well that has been the worst pain of all. I have been resting and walking as much as I can to get the gas out. Hoping that most of the pressure will subside by Christmas day. I did this for me first and foremost for me, but really wanted to enjoy the future years with my 3year old son and wonderful wife. I’m not a big poster but mainly read for support and knowledge. I posted tonight to share my story and say “Thank You “ for this site. Everyone needs some support one way or another. I feel this sight points you and helps you find your way with this life changing procedure.

Starting weight 327lbs 10/1/09

1st scheduled surgery date 326lbs 11/24/09

Day of surgery 300 lbs 12/18/09

Congratulations on your new start to your journey.

I know that it will not be easy but it sounds like your motivated and with your son and your wife hopefully you will stay motivated.

Congratulations and good luck on your journey.

Congrats, we have a similar weight starting out. Keep us posted on your journey.

Edited by waynooo
Punctuation

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches