Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my 1st fill is at 9am n im anxious n nervous at the same time. Im nervous bc listening 2 some bandsters they didnt have any restriction until 3rd or 4th fill. I dnt mean any harm or no offense but I dnt wnt 2 go through all that. I wnt restriction from the 1st fill n everyone after that. please lord let this fill give me restriction n with exercise n healthy eating let the weight fall off...

with my first fill i had restriction for like 2 days , same with my second fill, then my third fill was a big one, so big my 4th they hardly put any in. The fill process is really nothing to be nervous about, the first couple times the fill it with me laying down now they do it with me standing up, I like it better standing.Good luck and just remember the restriction will come.

my 1st fill is at 9am n im anxious n nervous at the same time. Im nervous bc listening 2 some bandsters they didnt have any restriction until 3rd or 4th fill. I dnt mean any harm or no offense but I dnt wnt 2 go through all that. I wnt restriction from the 1st fill n everyone after that. please lord let this fill give me restriction n with exercise n healthy eating let the weight fall off...

Reaching restriction is trial and error because every person is different. Don't get your hopes up because I haven't heard of a doctor yet who puts as much of a fill in as needed on the first fill for actual restriction.

My doc's experience with the Realize band is that most people reach restriction at 6 cc or thereabouts. I've had 2 fills and supposedly have 6 cc in my band with absolutely no restriction and the ability to still eat as much as I want.

On Wednesday, I'm going in so they can pull out all the saline to see what's in there (I think the first tech missed the port) and put 6 cc in the band. I'm hoping I'll get at least some restriction because my will power is lessening with each day and I need some help here.

Reaching restriction is trial and error because every person is different. Don't get your hopes up because I haven't heard of a doctor yet who puts as much of a fill in as needed on the first fill for actual restriction.

My doc's experience with the Realize band is that most people reach restriction at 6 cc or thereabouts. I've had 2 fills and supposedly have 6 cc in my band with absolutely no restriction and the ability to still eat as much as I want.

On Wednesday, I'm going in so they can pull out all the saline to see what's in there (I think the first tech missed the port) and put 6 cc in the band. I'm hoping I'll get at least some restriction because my will power is lessening with each day and I need some help here.

I hope everything wrks out for u

It will be difficult to reach full restriction on your first time out. I think the first time is to get you started and give your stomach time to get used to the band beginning to tighten. A gradual progression to restriction is important so your stomach doesn't react in a negative way. I also wanted everything all at once and it just won't happen that way. I had to use a lot of will power and exercise in the beginning. I still exercise of course and I gradually am working myself up to more and more each week but the food will power is a lot better now. Good Luck and let us know how it went and how you are doing.

I hope everything wrks out for u

Thanks...you as well. Hang in there. If your doctor tries to push your next fill to a month or more and you find within a few days you're back to being hungry and struggling without restriction, call them up. Most seem amenable to doing fills every 2 weeks if pushed.

My doc said the goal is to get to restriction as soon as possible since this is what we paid the big bucks for. I was tell them on my last appointment how some people are still 6-8 months postop and without restriction because their doctor only puts in .5 cc at a time or makes them wait 6 weeks between appointments.

He said these people should talk to their doctor because unless they do, the doctor may be under the impression that all is well and if enough people don't speak up, may get the impression that this is the norm.

I'm lucky...my doc has a band and knows first hand what I'm dealing with.