Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok--I am starting to freak myself out!! Had band on Wed. now I am reading some of the boards about too much of a fill and PB'ing and I am thinking WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF!!! I hate puking. I don't know if I ever want a fill now! I knew all of this coming into this, but it is just so REAL now. Is it really THAT bad??? Plus I am SO HUNGRY. I know for sure it is hunger because I am getting weak too. I am only allowed Clear Liquids until Wednesday. I HATE THIS!!:smile2: Any advice/encouragment ANYTHING would help!

I was on clear liquids 2 days then full liquids like yoghurt and Soup. You might try some slowly if you are starving. Wouldn't worry that much about PBing--you can handle it.

Ok... newbie here, not yet banded... PB'ing?? What is that?

You only need to worry about PBing when you eat too fast and don't chew. I have been banded since August and have have had two fills. I have not experienced PBing or getting stuck.

When I saw all the posts on here about PBing and getting stuck I felt the same way as you. As long as you follow the rule of YOUR doctor, you'll be fine.

Just remember that everyone is different. You may never PB, especially if you chew well and slowly. Follow your doctor's orders. You are in the healing phase of your surgery and you don't want to mess anything up at this point. During this time and when you start to feel restriction, you are going to have to depend on your own will power. You can do it. Just remember to follow the rules from your doctor and don't worry about what others are saying.

PBing is not at all like puking. Puking is the burn of bile and the heave of your entire body rejecting something liquid. PBing is like a burp. When I'm stuck, I know it immediately, but I fight it anyway. I pace; I just feel like it helps for whatever reason. I know I need to PB when swallowing my saliva increases the feeling (like I need to burp and can't). When it happens there is no bile, hence no burning, and it's painless. Just spit and the one bite I had last. And that's it. Nothing to be afraid of; maybe a little gross, but not afraid.

Don't let fear hold you back from using this amazing tool to its complete potential. Talk to your doctor and nutritionist about your fears; they can answer all questions and soothe all your fears much better than I.

Like Erin Marie said, PB'ing is not at all like vomiting. I was just like you - couldn't even stand the thought of throwing up. I do PB occasionally but usually because I wasn't paying attention and swallowed before chewing well.

Thanks everyone! It is all just so NEW and foreign to me. Trust me I knew what to expect I researched and read very thoroughly before deciding on this---but it's REAL now ya know!! I will feel so much better about all of this once I am allowed full liquids. I am going crazy on these clear liquids! So hungry! I had horrible nightmares last night that I kept eating because I forgot and then was in horrible pain lol. Darn food and pain meds!! I know deep down I will be A OK, but sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else!

I have not PB'd but I have been stuck (mildly) several times. As I am just getting restriction I am also learning to chew as I am supposed to. Not sure what Pbing feels like but you know when you are stuck. Somewhat painful and to me a burning sensation. Luckily after a few minutes it passed. I wouldn't worry too much.

Greg

Ok--I am starting to freak myself out!! Had band on Wed. now I am reading some of the boards about too much of a fill and PB'ing and I am thinking WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF!!! I hate puking. I don't know if I ever want a fill now! I knew all of this coming into this, but it is just so REAL now. Is it really THAT bad??? Plus I am SO HUNGRY. I know for sure it is hunger because I am getting weak too. I am only allowed clear liquids until Wednesday. I HATE THIS!!:thumbup: Any advice/encouragment ANYTHING would help!

I thinned out yogurt with Water and made it very thin for the clear liquid stage. Also I did this with cream Soups. You can put chicken noodle Soup in the blender also. Just make sure it is nice and thin.