Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi y'all -

I got banded on 12/10 and for the most part I feel great except that I've got some crazy lower back pain going on over the last couple of days.

My port is on the left side and so is the back pain. (lower left side...1/2 way up) Coincidence?

It could just be from trying to favor the sore port area but wondering if anyone else has felt this going on too?

I'm so lucky to have been banded, not complaining. :smile2:

Thanks

JI

its just gas give it a couple of days make sure you walk around it will get those gases moving. Stay on top of your pain meds.

This has been the worst for me. The back pain is TERRIBLE! And I've had multiple herniated disks from a car accident and needed to go to 6 months of physical therapy, and get cervical and lumbar blocks in order to heal to a functioning state ... that had nothing on this pain! Since day three of post-op it's been terrible. I can't straighten out and can only take a few steps before the pain is just too much. The only time that I can straighten out completely is to lay down in bed and stay perfectly still, no pillows at all. And this is the way I've been sleeping for the last three days. And our heating pad has now become my best friend. At least it gives me a few moments of relief sitting in our recliner with the pad turned way up! I know that this must be the gas, and that it's settled in my back. I've heard that the best thing is to walk is out, but how can I when every step is agony? Also, how long does the gas hang around? I need a light at the end of my tunnel. Thank you!

Hi Jasonian

I was banded 2 says b4 u and am having lower back pain too..I can feel my port, 5 inches above my bellybutton, now that enough swelling has gone down..I think some pain is radiating to my lower back if i sit for too long and irritate the still swollen port area.. I have been taking ibuprofren when it gets too bad. I was up one night in tears because it was so bad..but other than random lower back pain I'm great!

Edited by dementedfrog83

Hey Guys. I was banded on the 16th. I actually came down with pneumonia afterwards and just got out of the hospital yesterday. My back pain is agonizing. It hurts sooo bad. I hope you guys are right about it being gas and only being temporary. I would hate to try to live like this.B)