Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Puked On Myself :(

Yes I puked on myself and ruined a shirt and now my Camaro smells like puke. Awwwwwww, well this was something new that happened to me. Yesterday I didn't have time to grab Breakfast before going to an eye Dr.'s apt. I ran through the drive-threw at something called a Hi-Boy - never ate there before - but it was close. I ordered a junior cheesburger ONLY MUSTARD and a child's size pumpkin shake at the last second. I know this was a no-no so no one better say anything like that - I was starving and made a bad decision that I now won't ever repeat.

So I'm eating the cheesburger and I thought I was taking small bites and chewing thoroughly - but apparently I wasn't. I am driving down the highway and had ate about 1/2 of the cheeseburger when I realized I shouldn't be eating it anyway so I threw it out the window. A short while later I coughed and as soon as I coughed I puked all over myself!!! What was this about???? I had no pain - I had no warning!!! It just happened!! Anyone experience this? So here I am driving down the highway having just puked all over myself - trying to find a spot to pull over at - I find a church parking lot and if anyone was there then I'm sure they got a show. I took what napkins I had and toweled off as best I could when I realized the shirt was ruined from the mustard that was on the cheeseburger - I had a jacket in the backseat so I just stripped my shirt off right there in the church parking lot and then left.

I didn't tell my boyfriend about this since I was highly embarressed but I'm sure its going to come up when he empties my bathroom trash and sees the perfectly good shirt I wear wadded up in the can.

Butttttttt the worst thing is Jon and I went out to dinner last night and I kept smelling puke and I'm thinking where is it coming from? When it happened I only got it on myself - then I realized I must have tagged the seat belt with puke too even though I had cleaned it off - it still reeks of puke - sooo grosss - I hope my boyfriend didn't smell it and if he did he was being polite by not mentioning it. So now I'm going to go attack the seatbelt with some cleaners. I would have never wanted this to happen, but I'm at least glad I was alone in my car rather than a public dinner with my boyfriend. I thought there was supposed to be some warning?? Some pain?? I had NOTHING!! Now I'm freaking out about this happening again. Anyone else have an experience like this???

I can't comment on experience since I'm not yet a bandster....

but unfortunately we can't make it through life without things like this happening to us every once in awhile!

So, spend the $30 and take your car to get cleaned :)

Good old Febreze shoudl help a lot.

I've heard of this happening to many bandsters, and typically while we are eating and driving on the run.

I could eat kid's sized cheese burgers before my last fill, but I always need to dip them in extra ketchup or mustard or bbq... well you get the pix. I'm on my 4th fill, and here's hoping that a kid's sized CB is too much for me!

Maybe that's why it didn't go down - I didn't have anything to dip it in - but nothing felt stuck at all which was what worried me - that there was nooo warning - just up it came and it wasn't all just re-gurgtated food because it smelled like "puke" then again on other times I've thrown up it was in the toilet so maybe it all smells when you throw it up on yourself.

*****Candysmooch***** I'm sorry hun.

It happened to me one time while driving, I was fortunate to have an empty bag with me. I don't know if this will make sense but I'll do my best to explain. IMO I think that when your driving a car your body is so up right & everything seems squished together,so when you eat it's almost like there is not enough room for the food to settle. When at home, obviously, we are more relaxed while eating at the dinner table (your food has more room to move down).

* For some reason I don't think I'm getting out what I want to say LOL.. *

Pre-band I would eat in the car, at times I'd feel sick, but once I got out and stood up it was like a boulder slamming my stomach from the food finally falling through to my belly.

Maybe it was the bread... .Bread will f*uck you up. Even if you chew really good most bandsters cant get bread to go down right. I know im terrified of bread i thoughti was going to die when i ate 2 bites..

Well this lesson will last you a lifetime thank god the stench of puke wont......

Kim

I've puked all over the inside of my car anyway when I was pregnant. I'd just been for a long swim then eaten a banana and about half a litre of Water. I had very very little room in my stomach when pregnant with Eliza, she was in a very strange breech position, and it just all came back out when I bent over to clip the seat belt. Watery banana, all over the windscreen, dash, and seats, thank goodness that car had leather seats and not upholstered ones. All over me to, but I was only going home anyway.

Maybe it was the bread... .Bread will f*uck you up. Even if you chew really good most bandsters cant get bread to go down right. I know im terrified of bread i thoughti was going to die when i ate 2 bites..

Well this lesson will last you a lifetime thank god the stench of puke wont......

Kim

LMAO - well I normally don't have any problems with bread whatsoever as long as its not dry bread. I think I took advantage and ate to fast even though I took small bites and waited and it was also the first thing I had tried to eat that day. It was just sooo weird to spontaneously puke like that with no warning or symptoms! I've never in any situation just threw up without knowing it was coming. And yes this lesson will now last forever! It was all I thought about when we went out to dinner last night - I took each bite very slowly as I just remembered throwing up on myself with every bite - I totally did not want to do that in a restuarant - it was soooo embarrassing just to myself let alone if Jon would have been in the car with me!

White vinegar should do the trick, just put some in a spray bottle and give it a few saturating squirts.

I ate something last night that didn't agree and I was at this big outdoor fundraiser, thank goodness I had a golf cart close by and hauled buggy to the parking lot, I was almost foaming at the mouth it was so bad and I was trying to hold it in. I was so afraid someone was gonna speak to me before I could get out of there. When it starts coming back, ya better find a place fast.

I think we need a new bandster rule: NO EATING WHILE DRIVING.

You could have had a lot worse than puke on you--you could have been in a wreck. Believe me, this happens ALL the time!! I'm an insurance agent so I hear the stories.

I know of no statistical analysis, but from the accident stories I have heard (& that's just the one's who ADMIT what happened) I would rather be on the road w/ someone who has had 2 or 3 drinks rather than someone talking on a cell or eating.

Geez must be something in the air~ I got soooo sick today.. full blown stuck and bp and slime...It was not fun. It lasted only about 10 minutes, if that....there are horror stories out there of longer episodes, but this was my worst yet. I got this way over something stupid i ate...hungry at the check out while food shoping, impulse buy...ya know the drill............soooo I can't blame anything or anyone else but me.. So now I assume its supose to be liquids for the rest of the night, or at the least mushies....ewl.....But I never threw up a wad of spit/slime and what ever else that was.........All my husband had to say was "Call your doctor" OH hell no~ and "Drink some water".....He doesn't get it........My dr would have been mad, and I think I had enough punishment just going thru what I had to go thru. Now though, I dont feel like eatting~!!!!~ TTYL

I love this site and how we can talk/relate to each other on these topics. Others just don't get it!! Sorry you had to go through that. I keep baby wipes and paper towels in my car for 'accidents/incidents'. Celeste

Yes its grand we can talk about puking on ourselves and what not - LOL :) Well just an update - the puke smell disappeared on its own after a day - I went ahead and febrezed it anyway, but no more puke smell - thank goodness - still waiting for the boyfriend to ask me why I threw the shirt away when he empties trash - LOL