Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cookie exchange madness

Let's see. A co-worker gave me a box of fudge which I passed on to a homeless person with a dollar bill, then someone else gave me a basket of cookies- I ate two and then gave the basket to the groundskeeper. I got back to the office and someone gave me a bag of biscotti which I dowsed with old coffee and threw it in the garbage. This is getting ridiculous. No, it would not be easier to say I don't want the gifts. It is a ritual and I must partake.:biggrin::biggrin::sad::biggrin::):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

lol! don't you love this time of year?! It always seems that people telepathically know when you are trying to lose weight and that is when you get the most desirable foods that you can't eat.

You're doing very well by the way, holding out on eating all these lovely presents. I can understand what you mean that you can't tell people that you would prefer not to receive the presents. People tend to get offended when you refuse their gifts, much easier to grin, bear it, chuck it or pass on.

Breathe and remember it's only 7 more sleeps :biggrin:

Thanks for understanding. Plus I've been really hungry these past few days and the Cookies and fudge are like grenades. I have to get rid of them as soon as possible. My downfall has never been sweets but when I am in a vacuum cleaner mode I would eat cookies ar anything in front of me.So yes, by the end of the day I had to immediately make the sweet uneatable. I hope this subsides. I have another fill coming Jan. 14 and I hope that one gives me good restriction and works on the hunger feeling. But it is funny too. At one point I offered the cookies to one guy but he was taking too long getting to my office so I had to pass them to someone else and make up an excuse why all the cookies were gone. Destroying the food made more sense by the end of the day.

LOL thus why I'm glad I work from home and can ban the Cookies lol...

Everyone keeps asking when my Cookies are going to be ready (I make cookies once a year, people pre-order them in advance they love them so much) and I had to let them no.. like the Seinfeld Soup Nazi.. NO COOKIES FOR YOU!!! lol

Here is where I'm very lucky.

If someone gives me a homemade gift like that, I just about vomit at the thought of eating it. I would never ever ever ever eat something cooked in someone else's home, packaged up and transported. All those bring a plate dinners, I only ever eat what I've bought.

Its a crazy phobia I have. I will eat something someone cooks in their home, but if they bring it somehwere else, I cant eat it. The thought makes me feel sick.

So I would have no temptation at all to eat someone else's Cookies or fudge.

this time of the year is definatly tough! I was at my Mom's house yesterday for dinner, and she gave everyone a small package of chocolate. Now I will not act as if I am on a diet, so I allowed myself to eat one, then it became 2 and I found myself ready to eat the last 2. Luckily I caught myself about to eat the 3rd one pretty much by habit.(old habits die hard) so I was able to give the last 2 pcs to my kids and felt better afterwards. Big challenges comming up with all the party's and such. Stay strong, if we can make it 2 more weeks then we are safe till valentines!:biggrin:

I seem to be on opposite end of the spectrum with the cookie madness. instead of people giving me sweets and baked good, i'm the one who bakes, and gives stuff away. I love to bake, but I get rid of stuff as soon as its baked. an angel food cake last weekend with fresh raspberries went to my cousins, two bactehs of peanutbutter rice krispy treats to my sisters friends. I'm making a cheesecake to take to my aunts on sun, and my mom and I will start with our who knows how many batches of choc chip Cookies on saturday most likely.

I remember the days of working for others and the endless food at this time of year. I can't imagine how some of you get through it. I'm not a sweet eater, but at this time of year when all the 'special' types of Cookies are made, I'm just as susceptible.

I usually bake a few special kinds of Cookies and some kolachi rolls, but this year I decided not to bake. It won't kill my family and I don't need the temptation.

I made lunch for the teacher's at my son's school the other day and was going to bake cookies and take in a big tray. I finally decided that would be too much to resist...you know a cookie or two off each type I made adds up...so I baked a gingerbread cake instead. A piece of that would be easily missed. :biggrin:

I am baking this year for one of my neighbors and my phsical therapy group but, I plan to stay very diligent about it. I got a fill this past Tuesday and we put in a little more than normal and I am very, very tight so I am hoping this will curb my appetite for it. So far, after this fill, I have had to be more careful than usual so to me that is a good thing this time of year, but after the holidays if I am still this restricted, I will probably go get a very slight unfill. Good Luck to everyone and the temptations of the Holiday sweets.

I am one that loves to bake and give it away and so far I haven't given in to eating what I've baked. But I did make chex mix and oh my gosh, that has been the worst thing ever to have around. A small bowl here, a couple of handfuls there. It really adds up. I've been able to lose a pound, but it could have been more if I had just stayed away from it.

We've also received 2 boxes of chocolate and a huge bag of m&m's from well intentioned friends and family. So far they have remained up opened :biggrin: I am going to put them out on Christmas. My husband is inviting 6 of his single troops over for dinner. I'm sure they can take care of it so I won't even have to worry about it!

Good luck to everyone this holiday season resisting all the yummy treats!